Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1998 5.7 k1500 crank no start when hot

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2016, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 5.7 k1500 crank no start when hot

Recently with the hot weather in central NC I have developed a crank no start issue only when truck has set for a few minutes after being run (ie grocery store or gas station). 249k. Original motor. New fuel pump, new ignition coil, new ignition module and plugs. New neutral safety switch. New fuel pressure regulator. Original distributor rotor. I'm leaning toward pickup coil in the original distributor. I have learned that I can get it to start if I leave it sit for about 10 minutes. I suspect that the problem will continue to get worse, however. Truck runs beautifully other than not starting when hot. No ignition misses or stalling.

Symptoms are good starter speed, fuel pump is working, every time I pull the plug I have a spark. Not to say intermittent heat related issue could cause erratic spark.

Do you agree? Sound like pickup coil? Planning to drop in whole new dustributor but would like feedback first. Note truck runs great once it's started. Thanks in advance,

Chad