Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fuel Gauge crazy

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2009, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fuel Gauge crazy

Hi all . New to the forum.....at my wits end...my 01 Tahoe had a fuel gauge problem (bouncing back from full to empty)...changed the entire unit ( fuel pump, level sensor and fuel pressure sensor) and everythingwas ok for about a month...now I get no fuel reading and no water temp reading at all...both gauges just stay to the left with no movement at all...someone told me the instrument cluster is bad but it seems like a broken ground...so here are my questions:

1. Would the ground be the same wire for the water temp and fuel gauge? The other gauges work fine ( oil pressure, voltmeter, speedo)

2. If the ground is bad does anyone know where this ground wire may be found?

3. Is the instrument cluster really bad and does this problem happen to a lot of Tahoes?

thanks I await your expertise on these matters and in the mean time I am counting miles to my next fill up....thanks again
Old October 2nd, 2009, 4:38 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have been alot of guage cluster issues in these vehicles. Both my Silverado and Tahoe were doing the same thing a year ago or so and were replaced while still under warranty.