Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Suburban 2500 ABS module problems

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2016, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Suburban 2500 ABS module problems

Hello all, I have ABS and BRAKE lights illuminated on dash (initially intermittent , now full time) and code C0265 showing. Internet research points to a common issue with failed solder points inside the abs module. There are many YouTube vids showing home repair. Also, it appears that a dealer repair is replacement of the entire pump assembly and very expensive. I would like to attempt this myself however access to the module in my vehicle is really difficult. It's located along a frame rail, underneath with very little "ceiling room". I can access 3 of the 4 mounting t-20 screws but not the 4th. The module and pump were clearly assembled outside of the vehicle and installed as a unit. My question is to experienced mechanics , if there is some known trick to gain access to the rear screws or if no, am I only left with a trip to the dealer and what would a reasonable cost of repair be? Thank you.
Old July 24th, 2016, 3:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I will check on my 2000 pu today.

I thought it was just 4 torx screws and the connector....remove the ebcm and leave the bpmv behind. Your just pulling the module and leaving the pump on the vehicle.

could you remove the pump from the bracket or bracket from the frame rail and move the assembly enought to gain access to the torx bolt.

Last edited by tech2; July 24th, 2016 at 3:16 PM.
Old July 24th, 2016, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you, yes sir, my goal is to remove the 4 t-20 screws- I can see and access the 2 fronts, I can feel and access the forward rear one but can't even feel the rear back one- it's mounted too high to get fingers back there- maybe releasing the pump from its bracket could get me some space to work- will check again, thx
QUOTE=tech2;324973]I will check on my 2000 pu today.

I thought it was just 4 torx screws and the connector....remove the ebcm and leave the bpmv behind. Your just pulling the module and leaving the pump on the vehicle.

could you remove the pump from the bracket or bracket from the frame rail and move the assembly enought to gain access to the torx bolt.[/QUOTE]
Old July 27th, 2016, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

You should be able to slide your hand/arm between the frame rail and the body of the car. That's how I accessed mine and was able to get all 4 screws off.