Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Suburban electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2012, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Suburban electrical issues

I have had an occasional issue with the electrical system in my Suburban. Every once in a while (usually after shifting into drive) the entire electrical system will flash off. The radio/nav system restarts and all the lights, including the instrument panel loses power. Has anyone had this problem and do you know what may be the cause?
Thanks
Old January 20th, 2012, 5:13 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I'd start by checking the battery connections. Has any work been done on the truck recently?
Old January 20th, 2012, 6:52 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jcstu,

It sounds like a short, not a diagnosis, just a suggestion. How often does this happen? Anything significant happen to the vehicle before this started?

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 24th, 2012, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just bought the vehicle as a Certified Used Vehicle a couple of months ago. I'm sure its something that would be covered under warranty. (but only if it happened while the dealership could see it) The only work I have had done to it was an alignment. To my knowledge, nothing else has been done to it. It has only happened maybe 6 times since I bought it. I will work my way through the electrical connections when I get a chance, I was just wondering if this was a common problem that maybe someone had ran into. Thanks for your suggestions.