Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2002 Suburban radio, clock light, and Onstar stay on when shut off engine and door cl

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2016, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Suburban radio, clock light, and Onstar stay on when shut off engine and door cl

I just got my 2002 Suburban 1500 from the body shop, rust repair only not wrecked. Now the radio, clock light, and Onstar light remain on when motor is shut off and the driver door is closed. Body man repaired lift gate (removed panel and the switch assembly in the lift gate to repair it. He also welded the following to both sides; bottom rockers, piece in front of wheel wells, and part of rocker panels. He checked that he replaced the lift gate switch properly and said it was. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be? Worked fine when I took it to the body shop, battery goes dead over night. Thanks Tom
Old December 4th, 2016, 7:41 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If he used electric welding, I think you're supposed to disconnect the battery to protect the electronics.