2002 Tahoe Door Lock Problem - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

2002 Tahoe Door Lock Problem

Valdosta, GA

March 8th, 2010, 2:18 PM   #1  
CF Beginner
2002 Tahoe Door Lock Problem

First of all, let me say hello. I have found this forum extremely useful in the past, so I will try again. Here is a brief rundown of my problem.

Basically, the power door locks are not working correctly. To be more specific, the driver door look is the one acting up. When I try to unlock with keyless entry remote, it will never open on first attempt. It usually takes two or three (sometimes more though). In addition, when I insert my actual key into the lock, it will not open on the first turn either. It usually does the trick after a few more turns.

More recently, the door has not been unlocking from the inside either; either by pressing the door lock button or manually moving the sliding mechanism located on the inside of the door. In fact, I have had to roll the windows down a few times and stick my key in the outside locking mechanism just to get the door open.

I read a few posts and decided to check the fuses and the relays. I convinced myself that it was a relay and I replaced them already. Still nothing. I recently had a dead battery in the vehicle too. But this problem existed before that. It is just worse now.

I am disappointed to see that this appears to be a real problem with Chevys. I do not know what to do now. I don't want to go to the dealership and have to spend more than this problem is worth. However, I cannot risk my wife and kids getting stuck inside the truck either.

Any help, suggestions, thoughts, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Again, I thank you.

Valdosta, GA

March 8th, 2010, 4:41 PM   #2  
CF Beginner
To further complicate the problem, now my front passenger door will not lock or unlock. It is stuck in the unlock position. I changed the battery in my clicker, but nothing changed other than the passenger door is no longer operable via the keyless remote.

KC, MO area

March 8th, 2010, 4:50 PM   #3  
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.

I'd pull the door panels and check the linkage. Sounds like something mechanical rather than electrical.

Valdosta, GA

March 8th, 2010, 6:43 PM   #4  
CF Beginner
Thanks. I will try that again. I will re-post with any new updates. Again thank you for the response. This is frustrating.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors