Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Chevy ABS reset

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2014, 1:24 PM
lex
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Chevy ABS reset

I purchased a 2003 Chevy Surburban off of my brother in law he had disconnected the ABS because the pump constantly ran when it was connected it ran fine disconnected, no issues so he never worried about it. So when I purchased it, it had a title on it and for that reason I have to get it smogged and I have to get a brake and lamp inspection. In order to pass that I have to have my ABS fixed. I drove around for about 100 miles as suggested. I disconnected the battery. Cleaned sensors. Nothing would do the trick so I replaced the entire ABS module and still the light would not shut off. Every one I have talked to says I need to reset it at a shop.
Old May 13th, 2014, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there, I just joined to find out about my ABS light or EBCM box as they also call it. I have a 06 chevy tahoe. I had mine taken out and sent away for repair only to be be told this particular part cannot be repaired it needs to be replaced. Sooo, I have been looking around for a part on my own. Going okay. I am hoping to pick one up soon and have it put in as my inspection runs out this month and it wont pass with all those lights lit up. I took the fuse out for the motor on that so it would not burn out also. If you find that it does have to be reset as well, could you let me know how much that cost you. I am trying to plan ahead for this adventure.Thank you