Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Shift Indicator Display not illuminated 05 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2012, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Indicator Display not illuminated 05 Tahoe

Hello,
I have a 2005 Tahoe and the illumination is very faint on the shift indicator display. I have replaced numerous bulbs in the cluster and stepper motors in the past but am not sure what to replace for this issue. Does the shift indicator display need to be replaced or maybe just clean up the contacts? All other illumination works and the vehicle shifts fine. Any help would be appreciated.
<!-- / message -->
Old January 26th, 2012, 9:39 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> tlaura21,

The display may need to be replaced. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection of the vehicle. I suggest you take the vehicle in for an inspection.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Please keep me posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service