Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ Stabilitrak/Traction Control/Engine lights and engine rattle

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ Stabilitrak/Traction Control/Engine lights and engine rattle

I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ 6.0 2WD with 83,000 miles. I am the original owner and up until this morning it's been running great. After about 15 minutes on the freeway, going about 45mph in morning traffic, the Stabilitrak/Traction Control warning lights start blinking on the dash followed by the check engine light. Everything feels fine and the lights stop blinking. That is followed by a rattling, ticking noise coming from the motor. Pull off the freeway, turn off the engine and wait a few minutes but as soon as I start it the rattling starts up again. Any ideas or suggestions on what is wrong? I don't have the money to take it to a mechanic, so if there is (hopefully) an easy and inexpensive fix, I would be most appreciative! Thank you...
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

A lot depends on where the noise is coming from... Check all of your fluids, oil, transmission and coolant ....
is the noise happening at idle or when the engine is rev'ed ?
post a video of the sound(s) and where they are coming from as this may help narrow it down...
Old May 16th, 2013, 5:06 PM
CF Beginner

I checked all the fluids and they're all good, not leaking or burning oil.. Motor rattles as soon as I start the engine, while driving and doesn't stop until I turn it off. After about 10-15 miles of driving it seems to be losing horsepower and then the warning lights will blink a few times and stop. I will upload an audio and hope that helps....thank you
Old May 16th, 2013, 5:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

possible misfire if you're losing power??? get the CE codes and post them
Old April 10th, 2016, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by KRNAYL
I checked all the fluids and they're all good, not leaking or burning oil.. Motor rattles as soon as I start the engine, while driving and doesn't stop until I turn it off. After about 10-15 miles of driving it seems to be losing horsepower and then the warning lights will blink a few times and stop. I will upload an audio and hope that helps....thank you
Did you find an answer to your problem? I am having the same issue.
Old April 12th, 2016, 3:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Given this thread is 3yrs old, I am sure by now the OP knows what the problem was and has likely either resolved the issue or cut bait and gone fishing with his Burb, but has decided not to post a follow up. Good luck with your problem. Hope it is not serious.