Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2013, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered latch 190 on hanske website.. 10/13

just ordered the lath through the gm parts website link that hanske punched in. will install and update with update. also had taken it to guaranty chevrolet in santa ana, ca 1 year ago to have the rear unit reprogrammed in case that was the issue. it did not solve the problem. that was after i bought and installed a motor (was not the problem). was told by the dealer that the actual issue per the codes was the latch. never cared enough to get around to purchasing it, since the rear liftgate works fine manually. but got tired of other people, valets and car wash people push the button to kingdom come with no results. ha. will post if this fixed the problem. by the way, guaranty chevrolet gave me a quote of 595 to fix my problem. ...
Old October 4th, 2013, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up update to liftgate issue

PROBLEM SOLVED. BOUGHT THE 170 POWER LIFTGATE LATCH FROM THE http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocato...?siteid=213815 GM PARTS WEBSITE. ABOUT190 WITH TAX AN SHIP. PARTIALLY REMOVED LIFTGATE PLASTIC COVER, REMOVED 3 BOLTS AND 1X PLUG. REPLCD W/ NEW PART. RELANDD BOLTS. 17MINS TOTAL FROM START TO FINISH. FIXED MY PROBLEM. MIND YOU, GUARANTY CHEVROLET IN SANTA ANA GAVE A QUOTE OF 570 FOR PART AND LABOR TO FIX MY LIFTGATE NON OP PROB. DEALER IS SUCH A RIP OFF. NO RESETTING OF BACK COMPUTER NEEDED. PLUG AND PLAY. 2007 CHEVY REAR LIFTGATE, NON OP/ DOES NOT OPEN. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Last edited by loosid; October 4th, 2013 at 9:50 PM. Reason: ADD ITEM
Old January 19th, 2014, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

Any suggestions if I replaced the latch and while there is actually now some movement (will not open on its own at all, but when open will close about 1/3 of the way and stop) it still isn't working?
Old November 6th, 2014, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Part Number for the latch?
Old November 6th, 2014, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

I found it...thought I would post for all:

• <label>Manufacturer:</label> GM
  • <label>Part Number:</label> 13581405
  • <label>Part:</label> Liftgate Latch assembly
  • <label>Part Notes:</label> lift gate door w/pwr lift gate
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum Pax Man, and thanks for the follow up on your finding the parts
Old February 16th, 2015, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

I am experiencing the same issues with my 2008 Tahoe's back tailgate. Did replacing the GM 13581405 Liftgate Latch resolve the problem?
Old February 24th, 2015, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default similar problem with my 07 suburban

My rear power lift gate works sometimes. remote, button on overhead console, even with the rear handle button. lights will flash, you hear the sounds, but gate does not lift. sometimes it works perfect! seems to have a mind of it's own. just a major problem when we need to load or unload groceries, stroller, etc...
glass opens fine, but some items are too big or bulky to move in and out through the glass.
HELP!
when it does work, again... works perfectly fine!

on a possibly related note (electrical issue, maybe) after reversing and placing back in drive, i'll notice the parking sensor lights (on the rear passenger side pillar) will have a flashing red light when driving forward after reversing out of a parking spot. it'll keep flashing while driving. i've found that while moving forward, placing the transmission in neutral, then back into drive, it'll stop the red light from flashing.
while the light is flashing, if anything approaches the rear bumper (even with the gear still in a forward drive gear) the sensor will beep at me letting me know something is near the rear bumper.

any suggestions?
Old February 26th, 2015, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default power lift gate

yes.. the latch did work. i incorrectly replaced the motor. $300+ from dealer. i swapped it out myself. no dice. i read it could be the latch. ordered one from same website stated earlier in post for my exact model. 10 minutes with out any extraordinary tools and i was done. worked like a charm.
Old April 8th, 2015, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Replacement Latch Worked!

Ordered the replacement latch assembly, installed latch and wala...power liftgate is now working! Thanks for all the help😊

Quick Reply: 2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem