Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2015, 9:03 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martin, I would check the harness for the parking sensor module and/or for the sensors. You may have a bad connection, bad sensor, or both. I have no idea if this would cause the liftgate module from working or not. I've gleaned this info from a escalade forum. I have no idea where the module would be located.

As for the sensors, you would probably have to remove the rear bumper completely to get at those harness's. Its not terribly difficult as long as you don't have any seized screws or anything. I removed mine to repaint the hitch (which apparently I didn't do as well as I thought I did lol), and there is a ton of road dirt and sand crap that gets up in there. I thought maybe after I cleaned it, it would be gone but still hwne I wash the truck I see more come out. Maybe I never got it all...who knows.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the 13581405 latch online for $195 from Amazon. It took 30 mins to install and works like a charm. Still not sure how/why it solved the problem (intermittent grinding, crunching, and slipping). However, I now have a bright blue vertical stripe showing on the rearview camera screen. I thought about jiggling the connector, but decided it's not worth the hassle taking the $%#@! plastic off the door again.
Old January 27th, 2016, 8:31 PM
CF Beginner

I'm having problems w automatic liftgte, I press button inside or on outside handle and i hear gearing noises n not lifting, only if I help it manually then grinds but barely lifts. Goes down n grinds a little only......????!!!! Help
Old November 10th, 2016, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Hanske69
Replace the latch and it will work !!!!
does anyone know the name or part number i should google to buy the right latch that will fix this problem? 2008 chevy suburban LTZ 1500
Old April 9th, 2017, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by abarli65
I have replaced the struts. The lift mechanism does not fully run, but just whines for a sec.

I have all the plastic pulled away and can see all gears and motor.
I have the same issue I pulled apart every thing and as far as I can figure the motor is bad once we removed it from any stress it would run a full cycle. I plan on replacing it when the parts come in and find out for sure
Old May 8th, 2017, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default Lift Gate Problem

It appears that I'm having the same problem that everyone is having. When I unlock the lift gate, it unlocks and you can hear the motor running but it won't lift. You can pull it open, after the door unlatches. The dealer wanted to sell us a 550.00 dollar motor. I don't think the motor is bad. What else should I look at?
Old December 28th, 2017, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

What kind of problems did you have with gps etc before lift gate went bad? I have had nothing but problems with radio and gps . Know my lift gate wont go up.
Thanks in advance
Old September 17th, 2018, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default This is exactly what my problem was

Originally Posted by whirled pees
Steve, I checked all my fuses today, everything o.k. Then I started reading through my book! Boy am I red faced!!! I found the switch 0n the overhead console (right by my sun roof) it was off!!!! Turned it on and everything works! Yipee.
Out of all the reply’s I’m glad you posted this, the switch above was turned off on mine and was the cause of the problem. Thanks
Old May 8th, 2019, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default So grateful for this post!!

THANK YOU!! I was beyond upset that my lift gate stopped working and was so stressed reading what others were charged. I saw the post about the button near the moon roof button and that was exactly my problem!! I have no idea why that’s even a button but praise the lord!!!

Originally Posted by Chris Hebert

Out of all the reply’s I’m glad you posted this, the switch above was turned off on mine and was the cause of the problem. Thanks
Old May 9th, 2019, 12:52 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by steve8691
I'm satisfied that the door is fixed but frustrated that even the dealer cant figure out the root problem.
Better than the situation I had with the dealer about the sunroof not being able to close periodically on my 2005 Yukon (always would open); sunroof was NOT fixed, and dealer could not figure out what was wrong. Go figure; and was NOT the switch.

Quick Reply: 2007 chevy suburban power lift gate problem