Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 door handles turning into razor blades

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2011, 1:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I'll point it out to the dealer when I get the recall done to remove the heated washer fluid option. FOr now, I did what chould have been done; I filed off the flashing and the peeling chrome.
Old March 4th, 2011, 9:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Chevrolet Customer Service on the forum assisted me with getting case number for my 2009, since my 09 does not fall under 07 recall. Went to dealer with case number, after someone from Chevy called me. Dealer is replacing all 4 handles for 100 bucks, and said to seek reimbursement from Chevy, concerning 100. For some reason I had same handles as 07, new handles feel smooth and Great! Hope this helps anybody with a vehicle that's not a 07.

Last edited by ctccc; March 4th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old March 10th, 2011, 2:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Glad to hear I was able to help you ctccc. If you or anyone else has any other issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 5th, 2011, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THERE IS an EXTENDED WARRANTY on the "defective" chrome door handles that are cutting up everyone's fingers !!!!! Thank goodness for this forum.... long story short: I bought a USED 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ in 2009 from CarMax. My warranty has since expired. I called a local dealership and was transferred between the service and parts department a couple of times before the lady in the Service Department was able to find the extended warranty. They are now replacing all 4 chrome door handles for FREE !!!!!!!!!!
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tyranjay
THERE IS an EXTENDED WARRANTY on the "defective" chrome door handles that are cutting up everyone's fingers !!!!! Thank goodness for this forum.... long story short: I bought a USED 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ in 2009 from CarMax. My warranty has since expired. I called a local dealership and was transferred between the service and parts department a couple of times before the lady in the Service Department was able to find the extended warranty. They are now replacing all 4 chrome door handles for FREE !!!!!!!!!!
do you have any more information about the extended warranty? how long was it extended, any reference? the handles in our 07 are starting to get a little sharp so I would like to get it fixed early
Old April 5th, 2011, 7:48 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ousig2408
do you have any more information about the extended warranty? how long was it extended, any reference? the handles in our 07 are starting to get a little sharp so I would like to get it fixed early

It is posted in my above post.
Old April 6th, 2011, 3:30 PM
CF Senior Member

my dealer said that my VIN # does not fall under the warranty but they "should" still be able to fix them. I may go in and see what they say
Old April 6th, 2011, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chrome door handles that cut your fingers !!!!!

Today all 4 of my door handles were replaced free of charge, despite my warranty being expired on my "used-purchase" 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ... so there is in fact some type of extended warranty out there. During my visit at the dealership, I inquired into a document or reference number addressing this coverage and the Service Representative stated that there was not one. I explained that I had a friend in another state facing the same issue and needed assistance. She recommended that "my friend" call or go to the local Chevrolet dealer and provide his VIN to the Service Department. That is the only way that they can look up warranty items (by vehicle). Her name is Afton Cubbage and she is a Service Advisor at "Lindsay Chevrolet of Woodbridge VA". You may want to call her because she knows how to look it up. Her number is (703) 580-7040 or (703) 670-8181. Good luck !!!!
Old April 24th, 2011, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

My 2007 Yukon Denali has over 100K miles. That wouldn't preclude me from getting the handles replaced, right? I have cut myself twice and just came across this thread. Has anyone with more than 100K mi had this done free of charge? Justin
Old April 25th, 2011, 8:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

jmcafee, I would like to direct message you about the issue you are describing above. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2007 door handles turning into razor blades