Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Suburban randomly doesn't start

I have a 2007 Suburban LT that will not start. I had a new alternator, battery & cable installed late September and since its gotten colder the truck will randomly not start. When I turn the key it does not "click" but the dash lights & radio come on. Once in awhile I can turn the key several times in quick succession and the truck will start. Since it dropped below 32* it won't start at all, jumping the battery doesn't help. I'm hoping someone has some advice or clues, I just spent $2000+ less than 90 days ago and I'd like to avoid the dealership again if I can, I called to see if they would check on their work and they said they'd be happy to, for another $250~thanks in advance!
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 PM
CF Veteran

Check your battery cables for good connections at both ends. Where they connect to the battery and also at the other end.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldchevy View Post
Check your battery cables for good connections at both ends. Where they connect to the battery and also at the other end.
I second that advice... inspect to make sure no plastic from the cable jacket has gotten pinched between the contact points... verify that the cable connections are touching bare metal and not a painted surface and that they are all firmly connected
Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

i had a 07 suburban i bought new it did this from day one it would always start a day later or so tho it is a computer start and that is the problem
when i bought it i also had a 96 tahoe w 320k on it i am so glad i kept it. gm finaly took it back i now have a 02 and a 99 suburban i like the new body style but i wont have another newer one ill just keep rebuilding older ones
ur issue could well just be a bad connection or starter get out the test light and just fyi u cannot jump the starter it will crank but it wont start the compute has to do it inits own sequence
ie if u turn ign on and bypass the starter switch just run a cable to starter it will crank but get no spark or injector pulse i kno this from experince i had wanted to kno if i could start the truck that way incase i got standed when i found that out i took the old one on a 5kmi road trip w 4 friends instead of the new one i took the new one to the dealer gave it to the manager told him it was his to drive till he gets stranded a month later it did it to him they couldnt fix it and gm bought it back it was only a 3 year battle
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggie Meyer View Post
I have a 2007 Suburban LT that will not start. I had a new alternator, battery & cable installed late September and since its gotten colder the truck will randomly not start. When I turn the key it does not "click" but the dash lights & radio come on. Once in awhile I can turn the key several times in quick succession and the truck will start. Since it dropped below 32* it won't start at all, jumping the battery doesn't help. I'm hoping someone has some advice or clues, I just spent $2000+ less than 90 days ago and I'd like to avoid the dealership again if I can, I called to see if they would check on their work and they said they'd be happy to, for another $250~thanks in advance!
Meggie Meyer,

Iím sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I agree with the other posters, this issue may be related to the battery cables. I recommend having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for an official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM

Tags
07, 2007, battery, chev, click, clicking, clicks, doesnt, located, start, starter, starting, suburban, time, wont