Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban rear dvd screen = no picture

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2010, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban rear dvd screen = no picture

Greetings all. i am a newbie with an 07 Suburban bought on Tuesday and having some issues. One being that the dvd player works and can see when in park on the front lcd but the rear screen will not display. We addressed this (amongst other things) and they printed out a "Service Bulletin" basically saying to eject the DVD. I shouldnt have to do this everytime I turn the vehicle on and off and being this is a Certified GM Vehicle my take is that it should be completely replaced. Anyone else have this issue and what was the resolution?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

Please help wiht any of my other topics as well....
Old March 27th, 2010, 9:46 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I assume that you are turning the rear overhead display on w/ the remote. Right?

If so and it doesn't come on and the remote batteries have been checked and are good and the key is in the run position, then something is wrong. Make sure that you've read the owner's manual wrt RSE operation.
Old March 30th, 2010, 7:56 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That bulletin didn't just say to eject the DVD, ejecting and re-inserting the DVD was one of 3 options, the second being what shark mentioned, pushing the power button on the remote.
this is normal operation and should not be completly replaced

#06-08-44-035C: Rear DVD Screen Off After Ignition Key is Cycled (Nav and Non-Nav Radios) Operating Instructions - (Aug 4, 2009)

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Subject:</TD><TD vAlign=top>Rear DVD Screen Off After Ignition Key is Cycled (Nav and Non-Nav Radios) Operating Instructions </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Models:</TD><TD vAlign=top>2007-2009 Buick Enclave</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2007-2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado (Crew Cab Only), Suburban, Tahoe</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2009 Chevrolet Traverse</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2007-2009 GMC Acadia, Sierra (Crew Cab Only), Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2007-2009 HUMMER H2, H2 SUT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2007-2009 Saturn OUTLOOK</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR>This bulletin is being revised to add NAV radios and additional information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-44-035B (Section 08 -- Body & Accessories).

<HR>Some customers may comment that the rear DVD screen will not turn back ON after an ignition key cycle. This is a normal operating characteristic and no repairs should be made to the DVD screen.

Notice: Some early build vehicles may operate in a different manner and may turn back on after an ignition key cycle. This operation may change when the vehicle's radio has been replaced or the software has been updated due to a service concern. Also, some customer's may compare their vehicle to an early built vehicle that is not operating to design intent. This bulletin is to advise that this is the design intent of the vehicle and no repair attempts should be performed to change this operation.

Advise the customer to either:
  1. [*]
Old September 29th, 2014, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kinda having same issues and new to suburban. I just bought 2007 Ltz and my dvd stopped working. It plays sound but nothing happens on rear screen. Also when driving the front screen is all blue and says parking off. Any advice
Old September 30th, 2014, 7:10 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default video

well, your front screen will never display video in motion... GM doesn't trust us.

as for the rear, I don't know how to fix that one... Mine's never been used since I bought it...