Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe accident help

Old May 15th, 2009, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe accident help

So i just got an 07 tahoe LS a few weeks ago and i love it. I added an exhaust and a sound system as well as blacked out emblems and debadged it on the sides. I also ordered chrome door handles and am going to paint match them to the body to replace the plastic door handles. I am also considering painting my front grille this weekend and any suggestions on how that looks would be appreciated. But getting to the point, I was in a fender bender the other day and i backed into an old impala. My car is still pretty much fine i just have a small dent in my rear bumper right on one of the parking sensors. I am going to try to remove the dent rather than replace the entire bumper and if i can get that done what do i do about the parking sensor. It is only one of them that is damaged but it is saying "service park assist". so please any help would be appreciated and are the parking sensors relatively easy to fix/replace?
Old May 16th, 2009, 1:44 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum! hang in there someone will guide you in the right direction soon, its friday night , its kinda slow here tonight. I just dont know much about them, I dont have any on my vehicles.
Old May 16th, 2009, 9:08 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

try this link hardin Thicke had pretty much the same issue

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/backup-sensors-2007-a-22639/
Old May 16th, 2009, 9:55 AM
CF Active Member

Yup, I did the same thing to mine. If you reach up under the plastic bumper cover, you can wrangle the sensor out of its clip pretty easily. Then you have to remove the connector to separate the sensor from the harness. I've been told that after it's replaced, the system should start up again without dealer intervention.
Old May 16th, 2009, 1:23 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the sound system didn't prevent you from hearing the sensor warnings.
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for the help everyone. Harde thickin how did you get the actual dent out of your bumper? And no haha I let my sister drive my car right before that and so the mirrors were all screwed up and she had turned the park assist sensors off with her knee by accident wen she switched over to the passenger seat. Talk about bad luck.
Old May 17th, 2009, 6:19 PM
CF Active Member

The corner of the bumper took the impact. It's collapse caused it to pop off the side quarter panel where it snaps in place. At first I was horrified at the site of the plastic panel hanging off the side of the car, but I quickly realized that it would just pop back in place. The only evidence besides the non-functioning sensor is some hairline cracks in the paint on the bumper cover. The other vehicle didn't fair so well. Both doors got folded in big time. The estimate is $1500, which is not bad, but fortunately they are easily removed, and replaced.