Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2009, 9:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

noticed a crack in the dash today, 3-4 inches long. no idea how this could have happened. anyone else??? also does anyone know where i can get a replacement new or used (but has to look new)
thanks
john
gainesville fl
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-tahoe-dash.jpg  

Last edited by bamafutbal; April 3rd, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ms. Morris (October 20th, 2022)
Old September 21st, 2009, 9:47 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks. Any warranty left? Truck is so new that there are not a hole lot in the junk yard to get a used one. Probably will be very expensive. You may want to look into a shop that does interior work to see if they can repair it. I had a Silverado in a few weeks ago that got shot in the door (with a large caliber gun) I replace the inside fuse box. The body shop next door repaired the outside of the and they had a company come out and repair the inside door panel. You could not even tell that it had a hole the size of my finger in it.
Old September 21st, 2009, 9:53 PM
CF Junior Member

80k miles so warranty is up. is this dash panel easy to remove? i did notice (expansion and contraction) when it was baking in the florida sun it almost sealed back up, but when ac is blowing and parked in the garage, the crack opens up to around 1/16 inch. so if its easy to remove, maybe keep it pressed together and then use a thick super glue (gel) underneath where the glue would not show on top of the dash (just a thought)
Old September 22nd, 2009, 1:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash

have you checked e-bay for an oem replacement or aftermarket dash cap they usually come in black so you would probably have to color match it and have it painted . i went to an rv place and picked up a windshield screen that bi-folds when retracted to the colums and when pulled open is velcro'd in the middle for 35 bucks damn if i can remember the name who made it but it has lasted 5 years and i have them on all my trucks UPDATE; the name is Eclipse sunshade made by QFD Accessories Inc 1-800-530-8484

Last edited by tm4hammer; December 30th, 2009 at 7:11 PM.
Old September 25th, 2009, 3:23 PM
CF Junior Member

can anyone get me the part number with a diagram, can't find it anywhere
thanks
Old September 25th, 2009, 7:45 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm
Old September 25th, 2009, 8:40 PM
CF Junior Member

apparently you have to hold my hand even further. i still cannot find this part
Old September 25th, 2009, 9:56 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Put in your year. Then select instrument panel 2 times , then w/o Denali. 3 or 4 items come up with prices click on view illustration. I think you need #4
Old October 5th, 2009, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at www.gmpartsclub.com click on Tahoe parts and select your year then keep clicking on instrument panel till you get to w/o denali and look at the diagram. I think the part # you need is 15915973. You can also shoot those guys a email and they will find the exact part for you that you need, theyve done so for me a couple of times.
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked dash in my 2007 Tahoe

Originally Posted by bamafutbal
noticed a crack in the dash today, 3-4 inches long. no idea how this could have happened. anyone else??? also does anyone know where i can get a replacement new or used (but has to look new)
thanks

I recently noticed the same exact crack in my dash.....looked at your pic and it looks just like mine. Manufacturing flaw??? I have taken very good care of my Tahoe so can't believe this has happened.
The following users liked this post:
MMr (December 27th, 2021)

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????