Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2013, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Claim # 71-1246517187 I purchased my tahoe LTZ 1 year ago used with 72k had same cracks. Just found this forum. Contacted gmc about the problem. They calculated that with my current mileage (82k) that i would have to pay over 450$ and gmc pays 81$. At least expected a 50/50 deal to fix it but let down. Surprised by the junk parts put on their top of line vehicles.
Old November 26th, 2013, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Hi Louis,
My name is Robert . I have an 2007 Chevy Suburban with appro. 170,000 miles on it. VIN xxxxxx3159053. San Antonio, Texas. I bought the Suburban as a certifide used car from Cavender Chevy. My dash is cracked at the airbag which is a big safety concern for myself and my kids. Its been like this for a while because i didn't think there was any help because I was out of warrantyalong time ago. I have had several Chevys and been completely satisfied until this Suburban. Dont get me wrong its a great car but Chevy dropped the ball on a few things which I have delt with without complaining. the major being the oil consumption. I cant take a day long trip 8-10 hours without sucking down aquart of oil. GM says thats normal. Give me a break. Every Friday icheck the oil and it is a 1/4-1/2 quart low. Other than that it runs and drives great. But not normal and Chevy wont recall it. I know "money". Im ok with that now. but now dash really bothers me especially seeing it is obviously a defect and Chevy should finally acknowledge some fault in poor design/manufactoring. Any help on getting my dash replaced would be great , thanks.
Rob

Last edited by in2pro; November 26th, 2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: removed personal information from post
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Robert,
Welcome to the forum... please send your info to Chevrolet Customer Service via a private message... click on Chevrolet Customer Service's name and drop down menu will give you the option to send a private message....

you can try this link https://chevroletforum.com/forum/pri...=newpm&u=37376
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Robert,

Thank you, we have received your message. Thanks In2pro, for pointing him out to us.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 27th, 2013, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Welcome to the useless forum Robert. They REALLY helped me out by making me pay ONLY $600 to replace my defective dash! F*** general motors. I've been letting everyone that'll listen know about the BSI deal with on my Silverado.

Then they call several times because it sounds like I'm "unsatisfied" and they want to make sure they keep all customers satisfied. I asked if they could discount it anymore since it's a known defect and they say no and sorry they can't satisfy me.

It's funny that I'm surprised that a Government backed company, especially in this day and age of unaccountability, wouldn't take responsibility.
Old November 28th, 2013, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rlehma1
Welcome to the useless forum Robert. They REALLY helped me out by making me pay ONLY $600 to replace my defective dash! F*** general motors. I've been letting everyone that'll listen know about the BSI deal with on my Silverado.

Then they call several times because it sounds like I'm "unsatisfied" and they want to make sure they keep all customers satisfied. I asked if they could discount it anymore since it's a known defect and they say no and sorry they can't satisfy me.

It's funny that I'm surprised that a Government backed company, especially in this day and age of unaccountability, wouldn't take responsibility.
Not surprised between the government and gmc don't know who is more crooked. They only want to pay less than 10% to replace my dash with 82k. purchased vehicle with 72k and had cracks in it since. The handles on door pads starting to cut my fingers. Love my tahoe minus the many known flaws they won't repair.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Hi All,

Just joined this forum because of this issue.

My '10 Avalanche with just 49k just started the crack on the drivers side. I'm bummed as I thought '10s were fixed, but I must be on the bad side of the model year.
Hoping it can be taken care of. I JUST got it back from the dealer after they replaced the TPS per TSB (after first saying it wasn't under warranty...).

I messaged Erica and will update with results as they come.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

moron958 Welcome to the forum... hopefully Erica will get you fixed up.
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not hold your breath. GM obviously doesnt have the fwd thinking required to earn repeat business. They surely didnt earn mine.

Here is my saga with this.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...d-tahoe-61894/
Old December 6th, 2013, 6:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everyone please remember to include case number and all the names of the people you have spoken too, including the dealership so when a lawsuit goes through it would be easier to present.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????