Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2014, 9:50 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jmhornz71
We don't need you (chevy customer service) to contact our dealers. I know I am capable of going to the dealer and so can everybody else here. What we need is for you to get GM to fix the problem at no cost to us. Its a defective part and GM needs to suck it up and fix it. For the money paid for these vehicles and for the amount of profit GM makes on each one fixing this problem is pennies
Actually its not a bad idea to have Chevrolet Customer Service contact your dealer, remember the dealerships are independent of GM.
Having GM contact a dealership can influence that dealership to work with the customer to resolve concerns...
CCS is your direct link to GM...
Old August 14th, 2014, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey there Sarlor,

We're sorry to hear that you have also experienced this concern. We are able to contact your dealership on your behalf in regard to your cracked dashboard and assist with setting up an appointment to have it properly diagnosed. If our help is needed, please feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. We look forward to helping with your concern!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Don't be sorry he is having this problem, thousands and thousands of us are having this problem, do the right thing ....... Fix it. Quit contacting dealers for us, 2% of them care , the rest could give a crap. GM should assist or replace the dashes. I was even willing to pay half the cost of the dash. GM wouldn't even help pay $150.00 of the $300.00 the part actually cost the dealer. Even after CCS of to pay half , then said they wouldn't.
Old August 14th, 2014, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

It's a big shell game , which shell is the red ball under ? CSS should quit playing games. With all the recent recalls you think this would be one. Wait, no one has been hurt by flying shrapnel when the airbag deploys or the airbag being deflated after being deployed, cut by sharp plastic.
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Count me in for the class action suit

I appreciate your efforts and feel the same as you. Fix the issue or be sued by all of us. My 2007 Tahoe was looked at by the dealer @ the request of the chevy rep I spoke with. They offered me quite the deal, Not!! To have me pay for the dash at a discount of +or- 500.00. That sounds good for something that is happeming to all of us that own these trucks. Nope! If there is a class action I am in!
Thanks
Dan Shapiro
Sops27@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Jerobona
You are right, however, would you join this class action for a filled gas tank? or for the satisfaction of getting your dashboard fixed for free, honored by GM?
And ALL other GM truck Owners, that don't even know the existence of this site and others?
Can you imagine how many dollars good people spent in getting their dashes fixed?
It's time for justice, right?
Lets do it,
ALL of you, JOIN me:
Class action lawsuit for Dashboards and interior door handles
Please join me,
I have created an email account for this matter only, witch password will be transferred to my team of attorneys.
Please send me an email there, the Lawyers Firm will contact you directly to validate your case, do not send any personnel information, just your problem and testimony of complaint regarding your dashboard and interior chrome door handles, only the attorneys will contact you for further information, not me.
This is a class action lawsuit against GM that we are finally starting!
Thank you all for of your support, be strong, lets get our problems fixed by justice!

GMActionlawsuit@outlook.com

And please spread the word, we need all the people you know, don't hesitate to ask GM owners at the gas station or anywhere, we all have the same issue !

Last edited by sops27; August 20th, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old August 21st, 2014, 6:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in for the lawsuit if one arises. I will email GMActionlawsuit@outlook.com with my details.

There is plenty of supporting evidence and acknowledgement from GM reps in this thread alone, and thousands more forums just like this 1. All we need to do is organize this. Im definitely not 1 to go chasing lawsuits but GM is treating premium customers with utter contempt, something must be done.

Thanks

Last edited by gruvenparts.com; August 21st, 2014 at 6:22 AM.
Old August 21st, 2014, 8:34 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I also have the door handle issues and cracks on my dash. LTZ model, paid $65k + for new.

Two cracks / one on left side of air bag and second on the hump above the drivers panel. My neighbors tahoe has the exact same issue as well.

We called GM customer service and they got in touch with dealership. We were told by dealership it wasn't a recall and nothing they could do unless we wanted to pay $1300 to have repairs done.

Door handles have cut myself and my children's fingers both. It's insane there is no accountability taken from GM on these issues. Why is there not a recall??
Old September 7th, 2014, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue in my Avalanche. There is a facebook group with about 600 other others who have the same issue. I've started a Change.org petition for General Motors to resolve this issue under a safety recall. Please help me out by signing the petition and telling others.

https://www.change.org/p/recall-2007...uiter=26376387
Old September 7th, 2014, 2:57 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Is anyone getting any help from GM?

Originally Posted by christop
I have the same issue in my Avalanche. There is a facebook group with about 600 other others who have the same issue. I've started a Change.org petition for General Motors to resolve this issue under a safety recall. Please help me out by signing the petition and telling others.

https://www.change.org/p/recall-2007...uiter=26376387
Is anyone getting any response from GM at all? This will be the last Chevrolet I purchase without a doubt.
Old September 8th, 2014, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Here is even wors news; I had my dash replaced about three years ago. Also had the pealing panels on the stearing wheel replaced and the sharp door handles done. My dealer was very fair and only charged me $50. Now my new dash is cracked around the airbag and the outter panel behind the airbad has a section broken out. Even if you get a repalcement your only patched for a while. Disgraceful engineering and worse attitude from GM
Old September 9th, 2014, 6:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That right is why Im not doing the GM dash replacement (even if they did pay for it). They havent admitted there is even a problem , therefore they havent taken steps to correct it.

It would cost you less to have a decent trim shop cover the dash in a textured vinyl then to replace with another GM dash which would crack again.

Disgraceful engineering and customer service ... that's putting it nicely. 407,000 views of this topic so far.

Originally Posted by mcclintic9
Here is even wors news; I had my dash replaced about three years ago. Also had the pealing panels on the stearing wheel replaced and the sharp door handles done. My dealer was very fair and only charged me $50. Now my new dash is cracked around the airbag and the outter panel behind the airbad has a section broken out. Even if you get a repalcement your only patched for a while. Disgraceful engineering and worse attitude from GM

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????