Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2015, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your not sorry

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We regret to learn you and your family traded your GM vehicles for another manufacturer, sops27. General Motors relies heavily on customer loyalty and we're sorry we were unable to resolve this to your satisfaction. We hope to one day win your loyalty and trust again.

All the best,
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Amber, if you guys were sorry, you would have fixed the problem. Honda asked that if any issues are found to please call there customer relations department and they would assist, see as our whole family switched. Some of us had to pay for the door handles that cut someones fingers, some did not. One dash was replaced for free and cracked one year later. One tahoe dash was cracked and was involved in an accident and the dash pieces flew at the driver. If you wre sorry, you guys would take care of your customers

Last edited by sops27; January 29th, 2016 at 5:59 AM.
Old June 26th, 2015, 9:09 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sops27
Amber, if you guys were sorry, you would have fixed the problem. Honda asked that if any issues are found to please call there customer relations department and they would assist, see as our whole family switched. Some of us had to pay for the door handles that cut smoes fingers, some did not. One dash was replaced for free and cracked one year later. One tahoe dash was cracked and was involved in an accident and the dash pieces flew at the driver. If you wre sorry, you guys would take care of your customers
I agree with you. Customer service chimes in wanting Vin numbers and information and what do they get you nothing you still have to pay for repairs for an obvious design flaw. These Vehicles have purchase prices over 60k and GM wont fix these dash cracks. Now loyal customers are leaving GM. GM is losing more money than if they would have spent the money to fix the problem
Old July 10th, 2015, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked Dash

My Tahoe has 2 good size cracks in the dash. One where the air bag meets and the other right behind the steering wheel where the two plastic pieces meet. The one on the drivers side happened when I was gently wiping down the dash. I haven't asked the dealer how much it will be to replace. I would guess around 600. Very frustrating for a 50k ride.
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

I traded my Suburban in last week for a Ford F 150.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Sign the petition!

Don't know if this has been done here, but I'm fed up with Chevy.

Demand that Chevy fixes their faulty, dangerous product.

https://www.change.org/p/recall-2007...edium=copylink
Old August 10th, 2015, 2:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default Big crack on my dash!

I have 2007 Chevy Tahoe LS that has a smal ang a long crack on my dasboard!!
Old August 15th, 2015, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

I just noticed yesterday that my wife's 2012 Suburban (48K) is staring to crack in the usual place (s). Our 2010 did this as well as the peeling door handles. When will they learn. When I needed a new ride this year, it was a Nissan Armada. We need 9 seats, but next time will be a Nissan NV.
Old September 9th, 2015, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Chevy Tahoe disappointed in interior!!!!

Cracked Dash, no help from GM. Really? You pay LOTS for a nice vehicle you baby it, and it comes out looking like a redneck vehicle because of poor craftsmanship.
So disappointed....
Old September 12th, 2015, 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default I have the same cracks

I have a 2010 Suburban, with the same cracks. Maybe they should lower the price of there vehicles and sell them as cheap cars then I would understand how they break so easily. You get what you pay for or at least you should.
Old December 1st, 2015, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked Dashboard

Have a large crack in my dashboard on my 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. It had a small crack next to the passenger airbag for a long time and didn't bother me too much. Now there is a very large crack over the driver's side speedometer. I called Chev service and he made it sound like he's never heard of the issue and promptly reminded me I'm out of warranty. I think I know I'm out of warranty but thanks for letting me know. Quoted me $675 for a new dash. That big crack bothers me so I Googled and it took me here. Appears it is an issue. The truck only has 70K miles and I just put new leather on both front seats too bad.
Anyone getting Chevrolet to do anything about these or are they just waiting it out. Thanks for your input in advance.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????