Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2016, 11:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM replaced the cracked dash on my 07 Suburban about 2 years ago at no cost, replacement dash has cracked in the same place.
Old August 20th, 2016, 11:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by gruvenparts.com
WHAT?!@

Did you just say "unexpected concern" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Patsy G, I dont know if you are new here or what, but there are 132 pages of this thread with 1,312 posts ! If you cared to read ANY of this, you would see we are all having the E-X-A-C-T same problem.

This is like saying when the sun rises in the morning, it unexpectedly gets light.

Jeez.

GM reps, you are FAR better just not replying to this slow motion train wreck and hoping somehow the internet is unplugged. You are alienating your highest paying customers.

If you have 1 ounce of sense, you would fwd this thread URL to anyone at GM who can actually make intelligent decisions and URGE them to read some of this.

I still cannot believe this is going on, and do not expect us to ever buy a GM product until this is resolved.
Amen brother!
Old August 21st, 2016, 8:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Still can't believe this problem is still going on all these years after I started this thread. Good luck everyone with their gm products, we are down to 1 gm product out of 4 cars, 2011 GMC Terrain, 02 Jeep Wrangler, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 15 BMW X4
Old August 21st, 2016, 8:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question, on 03/22/2013, Classic Chevrolet in Beaumont repaired the dash, Now i have even more cracks and in newer places..
And these are even obvious. Keep in mind, ive done as much precaution stuff as i can do to preven this from happening. Do you think they will re-fix this 3 yrs later?
__________________________________________________ NEXT DAY________________
So i decided to call Classic Chevrolet out here in Beaumont TX, the same people who fixed the dashboard the 1st time, and they tell me, i cant get it fixed because i have 153k miles.. What in the entire *&^%, so now you want me to pay the complete cost? They isn't any warranty past a certain mileage even tho it was just replaced a mere 3 yrs ago.. !!! ugh!!!!
C'mon GM, This is not something i just did after 153k miles.. This is something that went bad after 50k miles!!!_

Last edited by Romeo5k; August 22nd, 2016 at 9:26 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2016, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Romeo5k
Question, on 03/22/2013, Classic Chevrolet in Beaumont repaired the dash, Now i have even more cracks and in newer places..
And these are even obvious. Keep in mind, ive done as much precaution stuff as i can do to preven this from happening. Do you think they will re-fix this 3 yrs later?
__________________________________________________ NEXT DAY________________
So i decided to call Classic Chevrolet out here in Beaumont TX, the same people who fixed the dashboard the 1st time, and they tell me, i cant get it fixed because i have 153k miles.. What in the entire *&^%, so now you want me to pay the complete cost? They isn't any warranty past a certain mileage even tho it was just replaced a mere 3 yrs ago.. !!! ugh!!!!
C'mon GM, This is not something i just did after 153k miles.. This is something that went bad after 50k miles!!!_
Crappy situation, eh? Replacing defective design/parts with the same defective pieces and expecting different results.

My dash has three cracks now... one going up the bezel hump, one by the center speaker, and one by the passenger airbag.

Is it even "worth it" to fix these dashes, at the dealer rate they want to charge? Well go for a walk and look at the dashes of certified pre-owned GM's from this platform generation and I think you'll find your answer.
Old August 24th, 2016, 2:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Here I go again.
Well the dash appears to last 4 years or 20000 miles.

9/14/2012 22150 miles Dash replaced
8/24/2016 41027 miles Dash cracked

I think I'll just duck tape the thing and call it a day!
found this http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/thr...awsuit.143035/

Last edited by mhanlen; August 24th, 2016 at 2:31 PM.
Old February 13th, 2017, 9:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

utterly speechless.

now im getting calls about the 2015+ door locks also failing, and we have repaired a few units and see very similar motors in those door locks as the horrible 2007-2013. You would think they would be able to correct some of these design flaws when they go forward, but this is very obviously a means to generate $$ on replacement parts for GM. This strategy may have worked in the 1980's and 90s before the internet, but nowadays ... not so much.

Guess they are just hoping for customer churn. keep pumping out superbowl commercials and maybe nobody will bother to actually google for threads like this.
Old May 15th, 2017, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

So this is rather interesting. I have a 2011 Silverado with 90,000 miles and I too have the same issue with the dash cracking at the passenger side airbag. This though is really no surprise because look at the a/c panel with the decals that don't last a year before they come off. I really wish GM would do something about all of this.
Old May 16th, 2017, 8:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Has anyone checked with an upholstery shop to make and glue on a leather cover? I found plastic skins that can be glued on.
07-13 Yukon Tahoe Suburban Avalanche Denali Dash Cap Cover 1-Piece Design
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...evy+dash+crack
Coverlay Mfg| Interior Accessories Kit Coverlay 18-207SC-BLK
Coverlay Mfg| Dash Cover Coverlay 18-207S-BLK
Old May 16th, 2017, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bamafutbal
Still can't believe this problem is still going on all these years after I started this thread. Good luck everyone with their gm products, we are down to 1 gm product out of 4 cars, 2011 GMC Terrain, 02 Jeep Wrangler, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 15 BMW X4
I'm out as well. I traded mine in and never looked back.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????