Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Old January 19th, 2011, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Update on Case # 71-906474240

GM called me back yesterday. I spoke with the "District Manager" Victor at extension 12365. He called to let me that after further "research", they would be able to replace my dashboard for a $100 deductible. I agreed to pay that.

I then received a call from the Chevy Dealership I've been working with, informing me of GM's decision. Then they tell me that they are out-of-stock on the dashboard because the one they had in inventory had just been installed on another Tahoe. It's funny how many isolated incidents their having with these dashboards. How many isolated incidents make up an incident GM? 25,000?

So my truck sits over at Maroone Chevy in Fort Lauderdale waiting for the dashboard to arrive and be installed. Remember my truck is in the shop for a burned out digital gauge cluster that should also be a recall. For that repair my bill is $564. So in total I will be paying $664 when I pick it up in a week.

By the way, if anyone has a link or info pertaining to the gauge cluster burning out, let me know.

I will update again soon. Let's keep on them people, I want my $100 back when this thing hits recall status.
Old January 19th, 2011, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

New member here, found out about the site doing on line research on my cracked dash. As my car is out of warranty, was expecting to be SOL until I started reading various posts on the subject.

As recommended, I called GM and reported the problem. They gave me the run around. Claimed that it was "highly unusual". Since I am the second owner, they also questioned whether the first owner took care of the vehicle.

About what I expected in terms of a response. I got a case number and they claim they will contact me if it hits recall status. I am very dissappointed in their response, given how wide spread the problem is. This is my third Sub, maybe my last.

Last edited by Buckhead; January 19th, 2011 at 2:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old January 19th, 2011, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

I am speechless! They called back within 30 minutes and have referred me to a special claims person. There is hope.
Old January 19th, 2011, 7:58 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

If you are able to lay your hands on a TSB number get it and post it!
Old January 20th, 2011, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Saga continues...

You are going to love this...

GM reopened my case and instructed me to take to local Chevrolet dealership for inspection. Dealership said to leave vehicle and they'd get to it (another story, but been there 2 days and counting to just look at 5 cracks).

Yesterday, the dealership called and gave me their "offer". The dash/install would cost $910, dealership would pay 50% if i paid to have transmission and other misc maintance completed. If I agree, the bill would come to $940 (???). My Tahoe only has 63k highway/city miles and they want to work on my transmission and drain all the fluids just so I can get my dash fixed? I do regular maintance to the Tahoe, and the currently problem-free transmission's fluid looks/smells fine the last time I checked.

Althought feeling somewhat scammed, I politely told the dealership I'd think about it...lol.

Today, GM CSR called and asked if I had spoken with the dealership. I proceeded to politely inform her about the "offer" and she actually chuckled (she was told same thing by dealership). She said that didn't sound like a proper corrective action and would be forwarding this to her supervisor and the district manager to research further. GM will contact me in 2 days.

I think the dealership just doesn't want to have to deal with replacing the dash. I checked the lot, just 2-'07 Tahoes and both have cracked dashs by psgr airbag.

Opinions?
Old January 20th, 2011, 3:49 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd bet its a deal of GM and the dealer having to eat some of the cost, the dealer most likely eating the labor, so they are trying to offset it by other services.. (just my guess)

Along that line of thinking, I suspect and will need conformation from others that have only had to pay 100-300 for replacement is that they have had regular service done at the dealership and will likely continue to so the dealership will "recoup" some of the expenses...
My guess is GM provides the parts, maybe the dealer has to cover a portion of the labor... again just a guess.
Old January 21st, 2011, 7:00 AM
CF Junior Member

My dealer tried that on me too, I told them either way if they changed the oil or not, the I bought the Tahoe and my Truck New from them.
No matter how many oil changes they would have done, the Dash still would have cracked.
I got mine changed for $200, and I am expecting a call back from GM DM today. My claim was sent to the DM to refund my $200.

Stay on GM about this, it is starting to roll now, my CSR has said that this is a problem that they are getting calls on more then before.
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

Just a follow up on my post. Chevy has agreed to repair my dashboard. We paid $100 to replace it.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 10:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

denayer and decoy 89, please post your case number and your contact person at gm, it helps the case
Old January 23rd, 2011, 9:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Kristie at 866-790-5600 ext: 11330
I filed a complaint with her on 11/26/10 at 11am.
Case: (71-893-522-299)

I was called back on 1/21/11 and was told I would not my $200 refunded unless a recall was issued.
They said it is a TSB but doubt a recall will be released.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????