Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Got my handles replaced after warranty expired under "customer appreciation".
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Suburban dash crack

Hello,

I found this forum after I experienced the "misterious" crack on my dash, about 2 days ago. I've also experienced a problem when I start my Burb, sometimes it makes a very loud "drilling" like noise and in ocassions the vehicle has even shut-off afterwards, GM mechanics can't find the source of the problem. I've also had issues with my driver's side window making a screeching noise when being lowered (cold weather only), which GM mechanics can't seem to fix either, they keep telling me is debris in the window guide.

I have a co-worker who has an 07 GMC Sierra and who also expienced the crack on his dash board, needless to say GM refusses to fix it.

I have taken this a step futher and posted a message to CNN regarding these issues we are experiencing and how GM is not willing to fix what is obviously a factory defect.

Since they are so focused on Toyota right this minute, I figure it would be great for them to know that our American Auto makers are as substandard with their so called "high-end" vehicles as Toyota is with their regular vehicles.

It is such a shame that we have put our trust on "American Made" and spent $45 to $55k on our vehicles just to find out they are made very poorly, and even worse, that their makers don't care about their consumers... maybe that's why they are in so much financial trouble, they just simply can't produce a good quality and reliable vehicle any longer.

I will keep you posted on the outcome.
Old March 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

At least on when you release the accelerator pedal on a Tahoe, the vehicle slows down.
Old April 1st, 2010, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 chevy tahoe cracked dashboard

I have a 2007 chevy tahoe ltz that is garage kept, it is 3 and half years old...there is not way that it should have a crack in the dashboard....i went to the chevy dealer and they gave me the chevy number to contact, i called them and i got the run around, i was so mad...they said that is normal wear and tear for this vehicle, it is a 55 thousand dollar truck and that is the normal wear and tear on it??? wow i have been a chevy man my whole life and now i am NOT...I am a dissabled iraqi war vet and they will not pay for what they should...It is the same exact crack in the dash as the pics on here...how can that not be manufacturing defect, does anyone on here have another person i can call about it...i am writing my news paper and tv stations and anyone who will listen...i am so upset with chevy right now for a luxury vehicle having these problems...
Old April 2nd, 2010, 8:33 AM
CF Junior Member

I have a '93 and my dash is cracked. I would be real upset if I owned a later model like you guys and had the problem. My '77 Dodge van sat outside it's entire life and the dash is still perfect. Likewise my '95 Ford and my '99 GM Seville STS.
I'm going to end up getting a dash cap for $100 or so for the 'burb.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
CF Senior Member

there is no real reason for these to crack other than temperature extremes. I think even all front windshields have UV protection w/o regular tint all of us are used to. I am sure this is a pretty major expense to replace so GM is giving run arounds. Has anyone had any recommendations on how to prevent this or just luck of the draw if yours does not crack?
My wife drives our 07 Tahoe so I am going to make sure she keeps a window shade up all summer - gets hot here in Dallas
Old April 2nd, 2010, 1:22 PM
CF Junior Member

I was told by an Arizona immigrant that everyone back there uses those dash carpets for protection.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 5:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

All of those having these problems I would like to speak with each of your separately if I could. I will try to PM all of you but if I don't get to you by tomorrow please message me here or you can e-mail me using the e-mail associated with this account. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 7:55 PM
Administrator

Two things that I can think of that could cause the crack are the pad is installed in a stressed condition or there was a defect in the covering. Suspect the latter since there have been several here and in other forums and all in the same location.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Jeff Morris, customer service

I was contacted by jeff morris and i do thank him for taking his time to contact all of us, i hope this will help all of us out, i was in the army and i may have jumped the gun, in the army if you have a problem and it does not get resolved then you take it to the next level, I did write my congressman here in Alabama and my congressman in Texas where I am from...I am not trying to get anyone in trouble but just dont want people to have to go through the same hassle that many of us have went through...I have had so man GM products and this is the first one that has had something like this go wrong and it is the one that i have babied the most...It has been kept in the garage since i have owned it...I have noticed that when it gets hot the crack goes together and when it is colder the crack gets bigger and spreads wider...I am an Amercian Vet who loves to support his country and buy American made, i really hope that GM fixes this problem, there quality is too good for this crap...

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????