Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2011, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same exact issue... and it started in late 2009. I knew it would not be covered by GM, so I simply covered the dash with a carpeted dash cover. A little cheesy, but better than looking at a giant friggin crack in the dash.

Imagine my surprise at finding out my suspicions about GM not covering it came true... *rolls eyes*
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks!

I just wanted to post a big THANK YOU for having this thread as a sticky in this forum! I purchased a 2007 Tahoe LT3 today and have already had them order my new dash! This vehicle has the EXACT same cracks that all of you are posting here and the other three vehicles they had on the lot? Same cracks.

Now, my major question is how to fix the faded buttons on the A/C controls? It looks so bad, but not enough to deter me from buying the vehicle.
Old October 13th, 2011, 5:24 AM
CF Beginner

No problem from all of us! They actually replaced both pieces of my dash as the one short piece had actually cracked as well.

I also have the button issue on both the ac and radio presets. Doesn't hurt function but looks like garbage. Hopefully there is a way to fix that as well.
Old October 16th, 2011, 4:18 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

for S's and G's I Google'd 2007 Tahoe cracked dash and this forum post came up as the number one first listing....
Old October 23rd, 2011, 4:22 PM
CF Junior Member

After reading this thread I made a trip out to the driveway to look at the dash on my '07 Suburban. Which I've owned for less than three months and will be making payments on for what seems like forever. Sure enough, there's an inch-long crack near the passenger-side airbag--but in a location where it's not likely to get any worse.

And I've also got the rubber coating coming off on the steering wheel, and the peeling chrome on the interior door handles (for the latter, I'm told that Chevrolet issued a recall for the Tahoe but not for the Suburban). But I bought it used for probably half of the original MSRP, so a few flaws are to be expected.

Finding this forum has been a huge help. Mine is a 2500 with the 6.0 so I've avoided the oil consumption problems with the smaller engine I've read about--it hasn't used a drop in the 3,000 miles I've driven it, just sucks gas like crazy.

So far, my biggest complaint has been the lousy FM radio reception. But--as I saw in another thread--there's a TSB for that.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 4:47 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

silveroak94 Welcome to the forum, you might try taking your Burb in for the handles as they may replace them for safety reasons( for free)...might even try throwing the dealership a bone by having the oil changed and tires rotated and see if they will do it then...its worth try...
Old October 23rd, 2011, 7:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by in2pro
silveroak94 Welcome to the forum, you might try taking your Burb in for the handles as they may replace them for safety reasons( for free)...might even try throwing the dealership a bone by having the oil changed and tires rotated and see if they will do it then...its worth try...
Great idea! I'm not going to be DIY-ing on this truck until I learn my way around it, so might as well try asking for a little goodwill while they do the oil service I'll need anyway.

And maybe smear a little blood on the handle to show the service advisor...

1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL (Wife's)
1998 Mercedes Benz S420 (Wife's)
1995 Mercedes Benz C280 (Daughter's)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 3LT (MINE!)
Old October 31st, 2011, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

07 Avy, 114,000 miles. After reading this post, I checked my dash and found a half inch crack near the passenger side airbag. It's been a good worry free truck, no complaints till now. Damn shame a 40k truck with a cheap plastic dash.
Old November 1st, 2011, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

So my 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT developed a crack last week. After days back and forth the GM representative said they will cover half of the expense. He said because there is 72K miles on it and past the warranty, and of course my GMPP won’t cover it that is all they can do. I think they should cover an obvious manufacturer defect 100%. I am happy they will cover something don’t get me wrong but I was thinking they should cover everything. Not sure what I should??? Any thoughts?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Old November 2nd, 2011, 9:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RyanL,
If you would send me your case number I will look into this case for you.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????