Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2010, 8:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been watching all the theard on the 07+ burbs hoes and kons. From what I can tell the quiality has gone down holl sence the 00-06 body style. Is it just me or have any of you noticed that too? 07+ are a nicer truck but seems to have alot of stuff falling apart way to early on them.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 9:01 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't think there has been more than the normal amount of stuff for a complete new design rollout. Bet if you go back to when the GMT800s came out, there was the same rash of problems. A lot of the issues have surrounded the use of a LAN for comm w/ all of the different modules. Software is a bitch.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update on Customer Service

Well Jeff Morris from customer service said he reviewed my case and that my GMPP had expired and did not cover the Dash...Well this is not the point here, GM should fix what they broke...The quality of a GM luxury vehicle should not have cracks int he dash after 3 years...I was an American Soldier fighting for America and to see an American product like this brinkgs a tear to my eye, they are pretty much telling me i should buy a foreign vehicle...This is unacceptable for GM to do and then try to force the customer into paying for this replacement....If it happend in one or 2 vehicles then i could understand but 100's of vehicles...there should be a recall, not cause of safety reasons but cause it is the right thing for GM to do...
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Thumbs down

just got my response from j morris and i also got a big fat NO. guess its time to start bad mouthing chevy and start looking at a new/used MB GL450. considering putting the "tahoe is a lemon/ don't buy gm" on my back window. of course would have to make that message disappear before i trade it in
GM SUCKS
Old April 3rd, 2010, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default gm customer service

Yeah i really dont know what Mr Morris is doing on this page if he is not really going to help, at first i really thought he was going to do some good but he is just like the rest of them...They act like it is money coming out of their pocket...we will see what my congressman has to say about this and if they cant help then i will find someone else anyone else that will listen to me...Chevy will wind up replacing my dash the easy way or the hard way...enough bad publicity about their quality and they will replace it...I have written a few letters already to the local media around here and to CNN...i went on the National Highway Transportatin Saftey Adminstration and filed a complaint with GM there, the state attorney general office /Consumer Protection Agency...I will not stop will GM repairs it...I will spend more money than the dash is worth so that they fix this...The crack above the air bag could also be a safety issue...if anyone has any luck with getting theirs repaired please post it so the rest of us can follow suit...
The following users liked this post:
Gary Summa (September 18th, 2020)
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:03 PM
CF Junior Member

s1hester, the crack around the passenger bag is a very good angle. we need to be sure to keep ALL names, dates. places and times when we talk to anyone related to gm/chevy. specifics matter when possible legal action is on the horizon
Old April 4th, 2010, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Crack on Dash

Guys,

I've been reading your postings regarding this "misterious" crack we all seem to be getting in our vehicles. I don't know about you all but I believe this is a manufacturer's flaw and I for one am not going to take this sitting down. I'm really disappointed, and I don't believe we should be having these issues with $50,000 vehicles, these are not your avarage cheap cars.

I'm going to my dealer tomorrow and I am going to refference this website and another one I found with people who had the same issue.

My warranty just expired, but I promise you GM will fix this or they will deal with some really bad publicity!!
Old April 13th, 2010, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

So we were one of the lucky ones whose burb was still under warranty when we got the crack but not without a confrontation with the dealer who sold it to us. Ours is an 08, LT 1500...and the dash cracked after 18 months.. Now we're 50 miles over the 36k/3yr mark and looking at getting an extended warranty...NOT from the dealer who sold it to us and prob a GM warranty.

Don't want to get this thread off track, but if anyone can direct me to a RECENT thread about the GM Extended Warranty, or share their thoughts via PM we'd appreciate it. Seeing (and sharing) in the frustration of a defective dash has us more concerned now about mechanical issues that may or may not be covered later on down the line.

Thanks.
Old April 13th, 2010, 4:55 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Knock on plastic... my 07 is just now 3yrs old per the manufacture date (2.5 my ownership) no crack yet living it Texas, however she is garage kept at home and work so this could be helping...
Old April 15th, 2010, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2 Inch Crack from Airbag towards windshield

I have a 2007 Tahoe LT and noticed a crack about 2 months ago. I have a 5yr/75K mile extended GM warranty and the dealer is telling me the dash replacement is not covered. I have 53K miles on the Tahoe. Estimated cost to replace is about $480 + 4 hours of labor (warranty Labor Op states 2.8 hours). I'm calling the warranty 1-800 number today. Btw, located in Dallas area and the Tahoe is garaged, so don't let the fact that yours is in a garage make you think you will be crack free. My 2004 didn't have this problem and I lived in Phoenix at the time.

Update: Extended GM "warranty" is not a warranty, just an "extended service contract" that only covers driveability and mechanical, not interior. Funny how they do cover the peeling chrome door handle replacement...

Last edited by MouserMike; April 15th, 2010 at 9:46 AM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????