Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments

Old August 24th, 2006, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments

Ok so to start this off....I Love my new Tahoe, but i am getting frustrated!
About 2 months ago I bought a 07 black ltz...loaded but no nav/back up camera w/6200miles on it.
It went in the shop friday for the following.
Rear Window trim popping off
Rear spoiler gasket comin off
Front wheel wells warping and bubbling around screws
Driver side mirrow vibrating
Brakes locking up during paninc stops(so bad i slide and fish tail)
Loud clanking noise during acceleration after a slow down w/o coming to a complete stop
Not able to keep traction whe pullin out into traffic
Excaust resignator rusting
Stressed cracked windshield

and here is the outcome

New trim will not be available for a while (gm having to redesign)
New spoiler ordered
New wheel wells ordered
Mirror replaced (still virerating)
Brake problem deemed NORMAL!!!
Transfer case working normally!!!
Traction issue no problems found!!!
Excaust does not have enough rust to be warrentied!!
Windshield replaced

Ok so maybe i am being really picky, but i pay 45k for a car and i want it to work properly, and my 2002 did not have any of these problems. Is anyone else having these same problems and has your dealership fixed them properly.
Old August 24th, 2006, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments

I bought mine yesterday and the only problem so far was the plastic molding around the back windows. I showed it to the salesman and he said he had never seen it. I went to another tahoe to show what it looked like and I had to go through 3 cars before I found one that was NOT broken.
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:17 PM
CF Active Member

I had the same problems on my LTZ with the rear window trim (hockey sticks). Had them replace twice on the drivers side and once on the passenger side. Now OK.
No other problems similar to yours other than with NAV system. After about a month, it was finally replaced.
But still most awesome vehicle. Hang in there.
Old August 25th, 2006, 1:18 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

If the rust on the resonator that you are referring to is around the welded area, it is normal. Several are putting hi-temp black paint on it a la TrailBlazers early on.
Old August 30th, 2006, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

I got my new Tahoe last Thursday, by Saturday it was in the dealer. "Service 4-wheel drive".

128 MILES!!!
Old August 30th, 2006, 1:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello All:

I've had my Tahoe for a while now, almost 20,000 miles it's the bmfer with everything, 07LTZ, Bermuda Blue, I just saw the problem with the rear window trim yesterday, but I have it. The other thing that happened to me recently is my passenger side mirror trim fell off while driving down the road. Luckily I watched it happen and stopped and picked it up. There didn't appear to be anything wrong with it, so I spent a few minutes putting it back together and was on my way. I'm on vacation now, but when I get back I want to take it in to get new plastic for my mirror and a new back windown hockey stick. Other than that I think the battery dies way too easy. I've been listening to the radio for less than 15 minutes with the car off and my battery went dead. Having said all that I still absolutely love the truck. I miss the room and power of my old Suburban, but this is way nicer of a ride.

Jason
Old August 30th, 2006, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

I have about 6,000 miles on my Suburban and the only problems I have had were the tire pressure monitoring system needed to be reset when the dealer installed my 20" wheels. They just forgot to reset it. The only warranty issue I had was that the key fobs would not work unlocking the truck after about 15 minutes. They have had some problems with this. All they had to do was update the computer software.

I traded in my 02 Z71 Suburban for this 07 and I am very impressed with the new design. GM finally figured out they should build these SUV's with a more refined ca-like interior.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

Well..I might as well post my problems so you O7 Tahoe owners with no problems YET know what to expect. I have had the same problem with molding coming off on both rear windows. I never mentioned the problem to the dealership because I had more serious concerns, but coincendentally they knew to fix it, now I know why. It's a problem for everyone. My driver side mirror also vibrated. I reported this to the dealership, which they told me required parts, but come to find out, only needed two bolts tightened, which I thought fixed the problem, but it still vibrates. I haven't had a chance to tell them this yet, because the most serious problem is my transmission. I bought my 07 Tahoe LT2 in May and I now have 7800 miles on it. I had no problems besides the molding and vibrating mirror until August. I had it serviced August 1st and on August 14th I started noticing problems with my transmission. When pulling up to stop signs or going to stop at stoplights it did not want to pull off. I could also feel the transmission downshift extremely hard. Basically, it felt like it was trying to take off in 3rd. I had to manually shift it in order to accelerate. I took it to the dealership, but because no lights had ever come on, they didn't know what to do for it. I left with it and it continued to have the same problem, so I took it back the next day, and again they had no ideas or suggestions, besides for me to continue to drive it, while I was waiting for the "parts needed" to fix the vibrating mirror. So I drove it a week and a half until the check engine light came. I called Onstar and they let me know the Transmission Control System detected a malfunction and the Powertrain had detected a problem with the shifting of the transmission. I returned to the dealership the following Monday. They had it a week and one day because the part they needed (the valve body) couldn't be found because it was so new, or thats what they told me. Anyway, I left with it on Tuesday, drove for about 20 minutes and it started doing the same thing at every light and place I had to stop and the next day the check engine light came back on with the same two messages. Needless to say, the dealership got it back. It has been two days and they let me know that GM is making them run thorough tests on the electrical system and wiring harnesses, but the technician doesn't think it's an electrical problem, but that it needs a completely new transmission. Other than these problems I love it, but the love is fading very quickly. To those of you with no problems, I envy you. For the rest of you with problems.....GOODLUCK. If anyone has any suggestions or hints, let me know. THANKS
Old September 2nd, 2006, 9:15 PM
CF Junior Member

My trim was ordered and received in a few days.
It looks like it is a little different from what wwas on the truck from the factory.
So far it is staying in place
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:38 PM
CF Active Member

After reading all of these 07' Tahoe posts, I think One might be wise to wait until next Year for all of these little problems to be fixed. I wanted a newZ28 back in 1993 but waited until the model ws 3 years into build and bouight a 1996 Z. Generally it's a good idea to stay away from first runs on a model.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments