Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2006, 2:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments

To the people with tranny problems, it may very well be the TCM (Transmission control module) This tells the transmission when to shift based on vehicle speed, rpms, etc. It will be covered under warranty to fix.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 2:43 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A faulty TCM will trigger a DTC in an instant.

22" wheels/tires have caused some calibration issues with the TCM though, there is a new program to correct this (part # 24241359), anyone that has 22"er's installed on their new 2007 Tahoe's I would highly recommend that you have your dealer install (flash) this update.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Do you think this is my problem, the transmission control module? Is it easily repalced?, does the tranny have to be pulled out to be replaced?
Old September 23rd, 2006, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

What is a DTC?
Old September 23rd, 2006, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Diagnostic Trouble Code. Just a guess. Anyway it's the code that will come up when you use a scanner.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

******UPDATE******

A couple of people have e-mailed me with questions about the fix for my transmission. I took it back to the dealership and the technician wanted to replace the transmission, but GM wanted to run extensive tests on the electrical system before making a decision. They put the data recorder on it for a couple of days, until it acted up, sent the information to GM and they said they have not had any problems of this nature before. In the end, I got a new transmission. That's the solution for me. It may not be the fix for everyone's problem, but it was for mine. I wish everyone with this type of transmission problem GOODLUCK. For everyone else, enjoy your perfect Tahoe.
Old May 7th, 2007, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

I got a problem, maybe someone can help me or give me some kind of feed back. I changed my stock rims and tires and put some 24 inch rims on my 07 Tahoe, and I knew I had to reset the tire pressure monitoring system, so I tried. I went with the manuals instructions on how to do this but it does not seem to work for me. Does anybody know, or had some kinda problem like this? Or am I doing something wrong? Because I find myself deflating my tires for more that 5 or even 30 seconds, as indicated in the manual, and nothing happens. Please if someone knows anything about this, let me know, I would appreciate it alot. THANKS.
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM
CF Senior Member

Sounds like you found the reason why a 6200 mile Tahoe was for sale. Good Luck, I hope you get all things corrected.
Old May 8th, 2007, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

I have about 4k miles on mine and don't see any of the mentioned problems, except the air sometimes blows real hard on startup, thensettles down after a few minutes, even if the temp isn't that hot. I do have an annoying transmission problem when I shift from reverse to drive, then step on the gas the transmission acts like it isn't in drive yet and there is a slight jerk when it goes into drive. I give it time to change into drive from reverse but it still does it. I'll mention it when I take it in for my free oil change. Otherwise ok. Gas mileage getting a little better, about 17 mpg avg now.
Old May 9th, 2007, 6:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the HVAC set to automatic it will try and catch up when you first start up. It automatically selects the settings to get you in your desired temp "zone." That may account for you high speed fan on start up.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments