Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Tailgate Problem

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2010, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Tailgate Problem

I have a 07 Tahoe and the Automatic Tailgate starts Up gets halfway then closes back up. I took the rubber housing off to look at the wiring. i was told that they had some problems with wires breaking or rubbing on the sheet metal but i didn't find anything.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

is hard to diagnose a problem like that without a scantool to look at the liftgate module data or codes if it was a wiring problem it should have a code.here is a sys descripcion .A power open or close cycle can only be initiated from the fully closed or open positions while the vehicle is in park and the liftglass ajar switch input to the liftgate module is inactive. At any time during a power open or close cycle the operation can be reversed by pressing any of the open/close switches. The power liftgate can be switched to manual mode with the on/off switch in the overhead console and during manual operation the power latch will still operate. During power liftgate operation the liftgate module continuously monitors the liftgate position and load profile. The position is calculated from hall effect sensor counts and the electrical load of the gear motor is used to determine physical resistance to the liftgate. Both of these profiles must be learned before the liftgate can operate properly and relearned any time most liftgate components are serviced.
and it has a object obstruction detection system and here is how it works.
The liftgate control module continuously monitors power liftgate operation and calculates its location and direction of travel using 2 hall effect sensors that are part of the gear motor assembly. The hall effect sensors are 3 wire sensors and are supplied with a 5 volt power circuit, ground and signal circuits from the liftgate control module. The hall effect sensor signal circuits are referenced from battery voltage within the liftgate control module and pulsed low by the hall effect sensors.
The power liftgate system uses a secondary object detection method which consists of object sensors fixed to both sides of the liftgate near the seal area. The object sensors consist of an internal fixed resistor and normally open switch contacts which when closed will bypass the resistor. The signal circuit is supplied 5 volts through a resistor and monitored within the liftgate control module, and during normal power liftgate operation the signal circuit should remain a fixed value. When an object presses one of the sensors the contacts close and the resistor is bypassed causing the signal circuit voltage at the module to go low.
hope this information help you solve your problem.
Old April 24th, 2010, 3:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi mala1967,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

I placed your thread in the Tahoe section and posted to bring it to the top of the field.
Old September 21st, 2014, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Tahoe Tailgate will not raise

My tailgate will not raise. I have to lift it manually after pressing the handle. I hear a loud pop if I do do raise it by hand at once. I have to close it by hand then it will lock normally with a pop. Help!!
Old May 3rd, 2015, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

Also having problems with my 2007 Tahoe power liftgate. My liftgate goes up, makes grinding noises at the top, goes back down halfway, then all the way up and then closes itself.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Lift gate issues

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and my lift gate is opening by itself..... when I disable the auto lift with the button on the roof console I can still hear the lift motor trying to open and my dash reads rear access door open. Any ideas how to fix it?