Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 Suburban Marking Lights Staying On After Shutting Off

Old July 31st, 2018, 4:15 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Suburban Marking Lights Staying On After Shutting Off

So, have a recent issue I need some help with. When I turn off my Suburban, the yellow marking lights up front, the taillights, and the license plate lights stay on. The door chime also seems to ding really fast when I open the door to get out. I checked the Parking Light relay in the fuse panel and it seemed really hot compared to the other relays. I pulled it out, put it back in, and it seemed to reset. I hit the door lock on my key fob and they went back on. Had to pull it again to get it to stop. I stopped in to Autozone and grabbed a replacement relay, but still have the issue.

I've had the truck for a little over a year. Only thing I would note is that I removed the factory radio (toast) and replaced it with an aftermarket. I purchased a wiring kit, mounting kit, and the adapter for the radio power which gives the door chime function. I fully removed the radio thinking there was maybe a loop of some sort and the adapter was the issue, but it doesn't affect the issue with the lights. Any ideas? Thanks.

Search this Thread