Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe Front Blower not working

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2017, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES I noticed on my resistor that the TWO LEAD PRONG which accepts powere looks to have crappy metal connectors in it. One of mine looked pretty smashed down. But was still not my issue. There DOES appear to be room for movement in there where there should not be which could make a crappy 12V connection...

Originally Posted by coach moe
Brit, the issue was a simple fix for me as it turned out. Roughly 6 months ago I replaced the resistor again and it did not resolve the issue. After further research and investigation it turned out to be the wire harness ( a common problem ). Ordered the harness from a big box chain reillyO's. Came in next day. 15 minute fix. No problems since. The harness is the one that connects to the resistor itself. Do a search for 2008 Tahoe blower motor resistor wire harness....Or something to that effect. I really hope this helps you out.
Old March 19th, 2017, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RESISTOR mounts by two screws and actually sits INSIDE the blower motor compartment so the air can cool it ( Or at least in direct vicinity ductwork - I think I recall). Did your fan come with resistor installed, ? Or did you actually take the old resistor off OR replace only the fan motor with Squirrel cage?? and put back in new fan housing. And forgive my ignorance if the fan is replaceable INSIDE the direct motor housing I DONT RECALL... Looking at pics at store I see the fan and motor do not appear to come with resistor so perhaps it just mounts in nearby air duct housing and not related...??.. It JUST SEEMS ODD FOR THAT fan motor TO COMPLETELY FAIL AS this is what the resistor protects...

I can def see where it could be nice to replace the fan though, AND BASED ON NOISE LEVELS due to wear. You cant even hear yourself think anymore in my wife's 2003 tahoe when its on high speed... Nice to know they are under 100 bucks....

Originally Posted by Southtx77
Thanks for the help, it ended up being the blower. Replaced it yesterday, now everything works.
Old August 30th, 2017, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Southtx77
I'm having the same issues on my 08 Tahoe, front blower doesn't work at all but the rear works perfectly. Is there a bulletin for this problem?
I am having very similar issues with my 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe. Its aggravating! I have had a new resistor and new blower motor installed... it worked for 2 days and the quit again. This really needs to be a recall. Sadly I just turned 150,000 miles while dealing with this mess. Its sad because I love my Tahoe, guess I need to go with Ford like the rest of the family.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Having the same issues with my 08 suburban. have tried two resistors and still not working. don't want to go to the dealership but looks like I am gona have to
Old November 7th, 2017, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Suburban front Blower not working

Fighting same issue on my Suburban. Front system not working and rear working perfectly. First issue arose a year ago, lost AC during August in humid Mid Atlantic. Changed out resistor and everything worked for maybe 6 months then front blower started working intermittently, then righted itself. Now with colder weather coming, front blower seems to have given up the ghost. Changed resistor again...nothing so my next thought is to replace blower motor but don't want to lay out the cost when Advanced Auto wont accept returned electrical equipment if that isn't the issue. Before I order any parts, how does one go about testing the wiring harness and the blower motor to diagnose if they are the root of the problem?
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You can test the blower motor by directly connecting 12 VDC to it.
Old May 20th, 2018, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

I’m having the same issue. Has there been an official recall on this issue? It seems that this is happening to a lot of the Chevrolets.
...air not blowing...sometimes blowing...the rear air working but not the front...now nothing at all...and it’s HOT outside.

Any updated help or assistance from GM? Man, I hope so.

Help?
Old May 25th, 2018, 11:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey jallin,

We regret to hear this and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to send us a private massage if we can assist with setting an appointment with your local certified Chevrolet dealership to have this concern performed. We are always happy to help.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm having problems with front blower not working in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. It's not blowing out no air in front only in the back .
Old November 24th, 2018, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

I have a similar issue with my 2007 Suburban Ltz. The front blower stopped working and I replaced the resistor 2 months ago and fan/blower started right up. 2 days ago front blower stopped again. I read in the forum sometimes a faulty fan can want more-owner and ruin the resistor so I went to pick up a new fan and new resistor and replaced them both and nothing. The back seat fan works fine. I swapped relays and nothing changed hopping the back would stop and the front would start. Checked fuses, no melted connectors. Any thoughts?
Old July 25th, 2022, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Mine did the same thing, replaced the module and now the defrost runs while the key is off.