Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe LTZ P0449 CODE AND FACTORY REMOTE START QUIT HELP??

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2013, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe LTZ P0449 CODE AND FACTORY REMOTE START QUIT HELP??

MY 08 Tahoe check eng light came on code is p0449 and the remote start will not work. it is factory it sounds like all is working but doesn't start if you look in the window when you try the check eng light comes on . any help thanks i'm new here this is a awesome forum.
Old February 19th, 2013, 1:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ceckrx1
MY 08 Tahoe check eng light came on code is p0449 and the remote start will not work. it is factory it sounds like all is working but doesn't start if you look in the window when you try the check eng light comes on . any help thanks i'm new here this is a awesome forum.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ceckrx1,

Possible causes for the code you have provided are:

- Vacuum leaks, damaged hoses or improper routing
- EVAP system - Check fuel cap, canister, valves or components
- Faulty purge or vent solenoids
- Check connector and wiring
- Fuel saturated vapor canister
- Failed EVAP vent solenoid

The vehicle cannot be remote started if the key is in the ignition, the hood is not closed, or if there is an emission control system malfunction and the Check Engine Light is displayed.

Also, the engine will turn off during a remote vehicle start if the coolant temperature gets too high or if the oil pressure gets low.

I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for additional assistance. If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please provide your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 19th, 2013, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help..