Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe + Iphone 3.0 = uhh ohh

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2009, 2:11 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 Tahoe + Iphone 3.0 = uhh ohh

I own a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe, and it has a Bluetooth speakerphone built in. I paired my 1st gen iphone to it, and it worked 100%. The Tahoe would display the caller ID on the dash, and I could make / receive calls. I upgraded to the OS 3.0. Now the caller ID on the dash does NOT work. When I receive calls I get 'unavailable' or nothing at all on the dash. The vehicle does recognize an incoming call and (thankfully) the audio does work. As do the answer and end buttons on the wheel. I unpaired the phone on the vehicle and the phone. Then repaired... no luck. I disabled the 'sync' contacts option under Bluetooth on the phone as the vehicle does not support this function (wish it did). I called support who said to fill out this form. I will also let GM know of the issue... I hope it can be resolved and will not just be Apple vs GM as this did work 100% with the OS 2.x... I believe the new OS is pushing too much data to the vehicle, and the vehicle does not know how to respond to the information... so it causes it to not function.

anyone else have an iphone and 09 tahoe?!

lol, not this form, i just pasted from what I submitted to apple...
Old June 23rd, 2009, 5:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Nextel Blackberry and the wife has a Iphone 2g software is 2.5???(cracked version)

I linked my blackberry on my road trip home. Well I had to be stopped(parked) to actually pair it up but its working good. Caller ID etc on the dash. Very cool when I tried this.

off topic---I also noticed I got 30mins of onstar calling minutes. I was traveling and hitting buttons and it came up and said what number. I said my wifes number and it dialed. Then a counter on the dash popped up starting and 30 and was counting down. I ended at 25 min.
Old June 24th, 2009, 3:49 PM
CF Junior Member

'09 and first gen iPhone with 3.0. I think you're right. Just noticed this today, but thought the "unavailable" was due to the crappy coverage spot I was in. Dang. I guess I'm looking for a solution now, too!
Old June 25th, 2009, 7:59 AM
CF Addict

Default iphone

a lot of people are finding that OS 3 breaks their bluetooth devices...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....4555&stqc=true

also, my batter life has gone from all day to 3/4s of a day with OS 3.0... and that really ticks me off...
Old June 25th, 2009, 9:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Well, got a call (from home) yesterday afternoon that showed up on the display. So, whereas I DID get the "unavailable" readout yesterday, I might have spoken too soon. I'll keep an eye on it today.
Old June 25th, 2009, 1:34 PM
CF Addict

Default well...

well yes mine does show it now 80% of the time, but with iphone OS 2.xx it was 100% of the time...

until we hit 100, it's not right.
Old June 26th, 2009, 8:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Didn't really get any incoming calls in the shorts amount of time I was in the truck yesterday, so still not sure what my % of success is...

BUT, one thing I did notice that's GREAT that didn't work for me before (maybe I had to set something with the 2.x software, but DIDN'T have to mess with with the 3.0 software) is that my voicemail now plays through the car's speaker. That's awesome. I can listen to my messages hands-free now. That's a big plus.