Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Sub LTZ - tow hitch receiver???

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2017, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Sub LTZ - tow hitch receiver???

So bought a 2010 Sub ltz knowing that the previous owner removed the hitch before trading into the dealership. I thought that was a little weird but brushed it off as I had to put a hitch on my previous older tahoe.

Now comes the time to put on a hitch. I call my local Radco to get a quote. Confused themselves, they say that Curt doesn't offer hitches for Sub after 2006. I go do some research myself find out that no one (that I could find) makes a hitch for a sub post 2006 because they started having factory installed hitches.

DOes anyone have any idea how I can find a hitch whether OEM or compatible aftermarket? I don/t particularly want to start hunting junkyards.
Old March 21st, 2017, 6:02 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't understand why you felt compelled to start another thread.

Suburbans long before 2007 came with factory hitches. My '01 Burb came with a factory hitch. The difference is, starting with the GMT900 platform in 2007, the hitch is now part of the rear crumple zone. So any hitch has to have the perforations to allow it to collapse and absorb the energy of an impact, yet still have the strength to pull a big/heavy trailer. No aftermarket company is willing/able to take on the liability of affecting the crashworthiness of a vehicle. So no one makes an aftermarket hitch. So again, your only options are going to a dealer for a new one, or going to a salvage yard.