Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Suburban Trans Cooler Hose leaking

Old February 24th, 2014, 10:47 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
For what is worth, when you search Amazon for part that I posted, it comes up with the clip and also shows the lines as "Frequently Bought Together"
Amazon.com: ACDelco 24205103 Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Pipe Fitting: Automotive
That's good to know. Also has the other hose/pipe. I just didn't have the time to wait for shipping on the clip. Glad I got that done. I was worried about how much tranny fluid was leaking. I was gonna go ahead and do the upper pipe. But its not leaking. And after having such a hard time with the limited space I'll hold off until necessary. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Old January 12th, 2015, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit this thread when searching for 'trans cooler line replacement 2010 Tahoe', I had my line replaced under warranty at 2.5 years and 29K miles, after recent cold weather I noticed fluid on floor again, same spot. Yep, same damn line in exact same spot, upper line right where the hose is crimped. Out of warranty and dealer wants $360 to replace, total BS!

I got the AC Delco line through parts store for $70 and will do it myself, barring any special tools, which would not surprise me
Old January 12th, 2015, 2:18 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by gbody5
Hit this thread when searching for 'trans cooler line replacement 2010 Tahoe', I had my line replaced under warranty at 2.5 years and 29K miles, after recent cold weather I noticed fluid on floor again, same spot. Yep, same damn line in exact same spot, upper line right where the hose is crimped. Out of warranty and dealer wants $360 to replace, total BS!

I got the AC Delco line through parts store for $70 and will do it myself, barring any special tools, which would not surprise me
Welcome to the forum
keep us updated on your repair
Old January 12th, 2015, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

Called GM customer service, already had a case opened on the front sway bar link that rusted and broke right before Christmas..yea, 54K miles, can you believe that crap...

Anyway, I was persistent and got it escalated, taking it to dealer to have it "officially diagnosed" then see where we go...

stay tuned...
Old January 13th, 2015, 4:09 PM
CF Beginner

Had the same line on my 2010 Z71 replaced too at 55K miles
Old January 13th, 2015, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Is this a high pressure line

Originally Posted by cleveland63b
yep very common, we have kind of a quick fix we do in certain circumstances where we cut off the crimps and replace the rubber section of the line...is it the proper fix? no...does it work? yes
Can i replace with some ruber hose is fuel line better and some clamps?
Old January 14th, 2015, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Had it "officially diagnosed" <HA> after an hour, GM/Dealer offered to pick up half the cost, I had them do it since they had the part in stock (no surprise) and I didn't feel like dealing with it any longer $87.37.

FYI they initially quoted me $389, go figure.

We'll see how long this one lasts LOL....

While waiting scoped out a 2015 LTZ on showroom floor, only $66K, no 2 speed transfer case, more "electronic assist this and assist that" No Thanks!
Old November 24th, 2015, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default Upperr Transmission Cooler line leaking

So I went in a few days ago to get my oil changed and the mechanic said that my upper transmission cooler line was leaking and needed to get it replaced. I have a 2010 Suburban Z71, so do I need to replace the whole line? I have a warrenty for the vehicle would this be covered under it?
Old November 25th, 2015, 6:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes. The entire line needs to be changed. It's part rubber and aluminum. And usually leaks around the crimps. It's less than 20 bucks online.
Old January 9th, 2016, 4:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey trainwreck, how did you remove those weird c-clips? I saw a picture of the fitting and how the c-clip fits into it, but I don't see how it can be removed and not stretch it out of shape.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Suburban Trans Cooler Hose leaking