Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Top Tier fuel brands

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2013, 3:17 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Top Tier fuel brands

I have posted info on this before but thought I'd provide some updated info for those that may find this interesting or that couldn't sleep
I only use Shell or Chevron myself..

Gasoline Brands (U.S.) That Currently Meet TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Standards

As of July 1, 2012, all grades of the following gasoline brands meet the TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Standards:

- 76 Stations
- Aloha Petroleum
- Chevron
- Conoco
- CountryMark
- Entec Stations
- Exxon
- Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
- Holiday Stationstores Inc.
- Kwik Trip Kwik Star
- MFA Oil Co.
- Mileage Stations
- Mobil
- Ohana Fuels
- Phillips 66
- Quick Trip
- Rebel Oil
- Road Ranger
- Severson Oil
- Shell
- Texaco
- Tri-Par Oil Co.
- U.S. Oil

What is TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline?
TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is a new class of gasoline with enhanced detergency. It meets new, voluntary deposit control standards developed by six automotive companies that exceed the detergent requirements imposed by the EPA.

Where Can TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Be Purchased?
The TOP TIER program began on May 3, 2004 and many fuel marketers have joined the program and have introduced TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline. This is a voluntary program and not all fuel marketers will offer this product. Once fuel marketers make public announcements, they will appear on a list of brands that meet the TOP TIER standards.

Where Can I find the Latest Information on TOP TIER Fuel and Retailers?
On the web, please visit Top Tier Gasoline for additional information and updated retailer lists.

Who developed TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline standards?
TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline standards were developed by six automotive companies: Audi, BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota and Volkswagen.

Why was TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline developed?
TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline was developed to increase the level of detergent additive in gasoline. The EPA requires that all gasoline sold in the U.S. contain a detergent additive. However, the requirement is minimal and in many cases, is not sufficient to keep engines clean. In order to meet TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline standards, a higher level of detergent is needed than what is required by the EPA. Also, TOP TIER was developed to give fuel marketers the opportunity to differentiate their product.

Why did the six automotive companies join together to develop TOP TIER?
All six corporations recognized the benefits to both the vehicle and the consumer. Also, joining together emphasized that low detergency is an issue of concern to several automotive companies.

What are the benefits of TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline?
TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline will help keep engines cleaner than gasoline containing the "Lowest Additive Concentration" set by the EPA. Clean engines help provide optimal fuel economy and performance and reduced emissions. Also, use of TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline will help reduce deposit related concerns.

Last edited by in2pro; May 19th, 2013 at 3:19 PM.