Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 LT Tahoe Remote Start

Old October 30th, 2014, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2013 LT Tahoe Remote Start

Hello Everyone,

Quick question. I never had remote start before and need some questions answered. I understand how to start it, but how come when I go into my truck the front vents are not blowing out any air and the seats are not heating up? My temperature is set at 80, my fans are on full blast, and it runs for a good 10 mins. I would appreciate anybodys help. The winter is coming.

Thanks in Advance!
Jillian
Old October 30th, 2014, 4:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Jillian,

We would be happy to look further into this for you. Can you please send us a private message along with your VIN? We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 30th, 2014, 8:40 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by JillyJoy16
Hello Everyone,

Quick question. I never had remote start before and need some questions answered. I understand how to start it, but how come when I go into my truck the front vents are not blowing out any air and the seats are not heating up? My temperature is set at 80, my fans are on full blast, and it runs for a good 10 mins. I would appreciate anybodys help. The winter is coming.

Thanks in Advance!
Jillian
Welcome to the forum.

If I understand your post correctly, although the fan is running at high speed, there is no air coming out of the dash located vents? Have you tried changing the air location manually? Is there any air coming out the lower floor vents? Do you have the automatic system?
Old October 31st, 2014, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default remote start

i've got a 13 suburban lt. if you start it when it's not cold out, it does not turn on the heat. it will run the air if it is hot out, or the heat and heated seats when it's cold out. i'm not sure of the temps required for this to happen, but the temp setting inside doesn't seem to matter.
Old October 31st, 2014, 9:47 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If you do not have automatic climate control, the system will operate at whatever settings it's set at when you remote start. The seat heaters have to be activated manually.

If you do have automatic climate control, when you remote start, it overrides whatever settings you have for the climate controls based on the temperature outside. If it's cold, it turns on the heat (coming out of the floor vents, only after the engine coolant is warm enough), defrosters, and heated seats. If it's hot, it turns on the A/C.

Keep in mind the heat is not immediate. It'll probably take 4-5 minutes to warm up before it starts blowing in hot air.
Old October 31st, 2014, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks everyone!! When I remote started my truck this morning, I waited 5 mins and the seat warmers were on and it was warm in my truck. The front vents do not blow anything out, but the defrosters were blowing out hot air. I am still confused why the front vents wouldn't be blowing anything out. I guess I can't be picky...at least it is warm in there.

Thank you again!
Old October 31st, 2014, 5:19 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JillyJoy16
Thanks everyone!! When I remote started my truck this morning, I waited 5 mins and the seat warmers were on and it was warm in my truck. The front vents do not blow anything out, but the defrosters were blowing out hot air. I am still confused why the front vents wouldn't be blowing anything out. I guess I can't be picky...at least it is warm in there.

Thank you again!
The heat will never blow out the vents on remote start. It blows through the defrosters and floor to warm the cabin and clear the windshield of frost/ice/snow. Believe me, once you remote start a snow-covered vehicle, you'll love it and understand why. Rear defroster is activated as well.
Old November 1st, 2014, 8:56 AM
Administrator

Even on manual HVAC vehicles, when heat is selected, it only comes out the floor vents. When you selected defrost, most would come out windshield vents and some out the floor vents.
Old November 1st, 2014, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

My friends Chevy Malibu blows out of her fronts vents when she uses her remote start, so I figured all Chevys did. I am just glad everything is working like it is supposed to.

Thanks!
Old November 1st, 2014, 3:58 PM
Administrator

Does your friend's Malibu blow air out the dash vents on remote start when it's cold outside?