Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Suburban lost the Rain-Sensing Wipers!

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2012, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2013 Suburban lost the Rain-Sensing Wipers!

Well you can bet I'm QUITE surprised to find out my new 2013 LOADED Suburban that I drove home 3 days ago doesn't have the Rain-Sense Wipers that my 2009 had (which we traded for the '13). For all the newness and nice things the new '13 has, I'd never give up my Rain-Sense wipers if I would have even THOUGHT they'd not be there.

We have officially gone back in time with manually operating the wipers now and it's 4 model years after the '09 that had AUTO wipers - "What the heck are you Chevy designer guys doing up there? - Not a good idea to give and then take away!" We don't like that too much.

Well if anyone knows why Chevy decided to go this route and can offer insight please post. Or if you are feeling just as 'lost in time' and confused about this as I am now, you are welcome to post here too.

Maybe we can be heard and get the Auto Rain-Sense Wipers back on the 2014's.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

From what I have read its a supplier issue, or the lack of for GM.
Here is a link to another forum on the subject: No Rain Sense for 2011 GM vehicles except some SRX's
Old October 3rd, 2012, 9:26 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

The 2010s didn't have it either. The system they first had in my 2002 TrailBlazer was much better than what was in my 2007 IMHO.

They did incorporate a feature where the headlites come on after about nine wipes. Not sure what year that came in.
Old October 9th, 2012, 8:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jewel14
Well you can bet I'm QUITE surprised to find out my new 2013 LOADED Suburban that I drove home 3 days ago doesn't have the Rain-Sense Wipers that my 2009 had (which we traded for the '13). For all the newness and nice things the new '13 has, I'd never give up my Rain-Sense wipers if I would have even THOUGHT they'd not be there.

We have officially gone back in time with manually operating the wipers now and it's 4 model years after the '09 that had AUTO wipers - "What the heck are you Chevy designer guys doing up there? - Not a good idea to give and then take away!" We don't like that too much.

Well if anyone knows why Chevy decided to go this route and can offer insight please post. Or if you are feeling just as 'lost in time' and confused about this as I am now, you are welcome to post here too.

Maybe we can be heard and get the Auto Rain-Sense Wipers back on the 2014's.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jewel14,

I will be sure to direct your suggestion to the proper department. Thank you for your feedback.

Louis
GM Customer Service