Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2014 Tahoe not redesigned?

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Tahoe not redesigned?

...talked to a dealer the other day and he was pretty defiant in that the 2014 Tahoes would not be redesigned. I was not looking at a new one so he wasnt trying to sway me away from waiting on a '14.

any thoughts? or heard any different other than the original press release back in Dec?
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Seems like it is about time for a redesign, since I finally bought one of the new body styles. Happened to us when we bought our 2005, 8 months later the 2007 were out.
Old March 28th, 2013, 1:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default design

it would make some sense that it would trail the silverado by a year, so the 2015 may be new. right now I doubt the 2014 would be new.
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM
CF Junior Member

...yeah, but they came out in.their December press.release and said that it would be new for 2014
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

Yep.I believe that in a few months we'll be looking at a redesigned Tahoe.Maybe even with a fold down rear seat.Hope it goes over as well as the last two redesigns.I've bought one of each.Wish they would hurry up and release some info on them!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default yes

I work at the General Motors Assembly Plant here in Arlington,Texas..... To answer your question... of course we are in preparation of building the 2014 Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Suburban, and the Cadillac Escalade..... We have ran some pilots a few weeks ago.... trying to determine where to put new operations and ironing out the production issues... I can say I have only seen the GMC Denali and it is very nice... Also I have seen the Suburban and the Tahoe... The suburban we ran I didn't too much like it... but hey it could have been a dulled down pilot... because the Tahoe I saw I loved it... since hey basically are the same just one is larger... it leaves me to believe I will like the suburban as well.... But I have not seen the Escalade yet.... when these vehicles come down the line... there are like 30 people walking the line with them.... im willing to bet only 10 are paying attention to the build and the other 20 are looking for cameras or cell phones.... take one picture and its instant termination... the union cant help you at all.....
Old May 2nd, 2013, 8:19 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm. interesting.
I hope they dont ruin them like many car makers have ruined models in the past. I must say the GMT800 is still my favorite by far. Especially the 200-2002. The 03 and up i didnt care for the changes on the inside. Our 2002 Suburban was one of the nicest I have ever seen and my friends as well, truly a one of a kind...
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpatricktrose
I work at the General Motors Assembly Plant here in Arlington,Texas..... To answer your question... of course we are in preparation of building the 2014 Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Suburban, and the Cadillac Escalade..... We have ran some pilots a few weeks ago.... trying to determine where to put new operations and ironing out the production issues... I can say I have only seen the GMC Denali and it is very nice... Also I have seen the Suburban and the Tahoe... The suburban we ran I didn't too much like it... but hey it could have been a dulled down pilot... because the Tahoe I saw I loved it... since hey basically are the same just one is larger... it leaves me to believe I will like the suburban as well.... But I have not seen the Escalade yet.... when these vehicles come down the line... there are like 30 people walking the line with them.... im willing to bet only 10 are paying attention to the build and the other 20 are looking for cameras or cell phones.... take one picture and its instant termination... the union cant help you at all.....
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the update.

Can you say if they went to an IRS?

Wonder if they call it the GMT1000?
Old May 5th, 2013, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

I spoke with a dealer last week and he claimed that they are pushing back the production of the redesigned model due to some internal issues, and that they will produce a "stub" of 2014 vehicles using the current design, and will then release the new design early in 2014.

Those of you closer to auto industry customs can assess whether this is valid or not. After talking with him, I did find a thread on the internet that said production is being shifted back. I wonder whether they will actually introduce the new design as a 2015 model, but do it earlier in 2014 than they would normally introduce the next year's model.

Interested to hear what is the view from the plant floor. Thanks
Old May 5th, 2013, 9:38 PM
CF Beginner

About to start my shift in a few.... I will ask.... I do know we are hiring more people off the street because there are going to be more jobs added to build these new trucks. Also when we ran the pilots the build process was not good in some areas.... I will update once I find something out

Quick Reply: 2014 Tahoe not redesigned?