Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Escalade Tail Lights - I'm seeing stars

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2014, 6:45 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2015 Escalade Tail Lights - I'm seeing stars

So... has anyone gotten behind one of these while they were braking yet?!

I did last night on the way home.

I was about freaking blinded!

I know everyone who drives one is pushing 200 years old and drives 10 MPH under the limit in broad day light in the sunshine, while left braking the whole time, (with the left turn signal on for 4 miles) but does that warrant blinding everyone behind them? lol

The Tahoe and Yukon have much more normal tail lights for the 2015s...

Looks like they copied volvo and use a 3 "center brake light" setup. with one top center and one on each side, above the normal rear running lights.

Volvo's another offender... if you ever get behind a volvo on a fun stretch of road... you're gonna have a bad time.

Subaru too... the most interesting thing about a Subaru is your ability to lose it in a parking lot that only has 4 cars... Ohh I think that one's mine... no wait, maybe it's that one.
Old December 18th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

You don't want to be behind me then. Eagle Eyes have all three rows lit normally and then all three go brite on braking or turn signal.

"I didn't see your brake lites" is not an excuse for anyone that runs into me which actually happened twice before the Eagle Eyes. And I was stopped at a red lite.
Old December 18th, 2014, 7:08 AM
CF Addict

Default Turn Signals

I dislike it when they don't break out the turn signals.

Most vehicles do, especially overseas...

how hard is it to make them separate? even on the Tahoe they are seperate, but not orange, they are still red...

Much easier to identify a turn when it's orange...
Old December 18th, 2014, 2:09 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Chevy family but different vehicle, the new Corvette is my beef, the LED head lights are way too bright... I like the LED's but I agree that the brightness is getting out of hand and is definitely road rage inducing
Old December 19th, 2014, 7:17 AM
CF Addict

Default headlights

Yea, it's difficult to tell if the other driver has high beams on or not.

usually what i see is people modifying headlights w/after market crap that really blinds you.

in PA that shouldn't pass inspection if it doesn't have DOT labels, but I don't know anyone that checks that closely...

Most other countries, being smarter (having less large companies run them), require auto leveling headlamps on the really bright stuff.

Self-leveling headlights are already required on new cars in Europe, and they're required on all U.S. cars equipped with bi-xenon headlights. Bi-xenon lights are so bright that they would blind other drivers if they didn't level themselves.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/adaptive-headlight1.htm

Sadly, in the US, because stuff like this costs money / eats into profits of companies, who 'give' millions to lobbyists... well, nothing gets done...

Heck, without Canada, we wouldn't have warranties on our cars... because... you know... 'Merica.

I forget if it was a TV show or where I read it, but if US car makers wanted to sell in Canada, they had to have a better warranty...

I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; December 19th, 2014 at 7:29 AM.