Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Stabilitrak problems

Old April 1st, 2015, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Stabilitrak problems

I have a 15 Tahoe LTZ and it has several eledtronics issues and was wondering if anyone esle has experienced similar issues. It is giving a warning for Stablitrak disabled, and may cause difficulty steering. The side blind zone alert and lane change alert icons in the mirrors flash on and off intermittently with no other cars in sight. The park assist disabled warning is displayed. And lastly it will turn the steering wheel right or left while driving with no warning! I dropped it off at the dealership for the 3d time today for these issues. Has anyone seen any of these problems? I do not feel comfortable letting my wife drive this vehicle until it is resolved.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 7:21 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default issues

My brand new 2009 was at the dealer dozens of times when I bought it... Make sure you document EVERYTHING. Photocopies, dates, times, who you talked to, every specific issue.

Make sure you get an equivalent loaner if they offer a loaner. You bought a $65k SUV, you shouldn't be lent a 1995 hunk of junk.

Lemon Laws vary by state, but I believe most require three fixes for the same issue, and that issue must affect drive-ability or safety.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but I'm saying just record everything and keep a folder! If you have an iPhone or similar record everything, toss it on youtube. Document, document, document.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 3:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by brinson
I have a 15 Tahoe LTZ and it has several eledtronics issues and was wondering if anyone esle has experienced similar issues. It is giving a warning for Stablitrak disabled, and may cause difficulty steering. The side blind zone alert and lane change alert icons in the mirrors flash on and off intermittently with no other cars in sight. The park assist disabled warning is displayed. And lastly it will turn the steering wheel right or left while driving with no warning! I dropped it off at the dealership for the 3d time today for these issues. Has anyone seen any of these problems? I do not feel comfortable letting my wife drive this vehicle until it is resolved.
brinson,

Sorry about your various 2015 Tahoe vehicle concerns. I definitely realize any frustration that this would cause, but it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us updated on the outcome of your service visit! If additional assistance is needed, please know that I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if necessary. We'll look forward to your updates.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 2nd, 2015, 5:45 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the responses. As soon as I get a diagnosis, I will reply on here.

thanks
Brinson
Old April 17th, 2015, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Update on the 15 Tahoe. After 3 trips to the Dealership and 5 weeks total in the shop GM finally approved changing a part instead of just testing and verifying. They changed the steering wheel position sensor and recalibrated it's position. This supposedly was causing the lane change warning, stabilitrak not functioning, rear camera issues and front crash avoidance warning to malfunction. They are driving it until Monday to insure that it has no more problems. We will see.
Old April 20th, 2015, 7:30 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 5 weeks?!

What's your loaner vehicle?

What's your compensation for being out a vehicle for 5 weeks?
Old April 20th, 2015, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Well recieved my Tahoe back 18 days in the shop this time. They replaced the Steering wheel position sensor and recalibrated some of the modules after installation. To the dealership's credit, a lot of the time was waiting on GM to respond for help requests. My loaner was an '11 Suburban LTZ. No compensation, just a car wash and a full tank of gas. Hopefully they solved the issues this time.
Old August 6th, 2015, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Stabilitrak Problems

Thank you for posting this problem. We have a 2015 Suburban which has now had 3 steering column repairs and we are now experiencing same electronic issues with the Stabilitrak feature. The dealership has been wonderful but I'm kicking myself for buying this truck. Nothing but problems. Will show them your post and solution when we take back for 4th time to be repaired.
Old September 7th, 2016, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Issues with 2015 Tahoe LT

I'm having similar issues with my 2015 Tahoe. The stabilitrak disabled light comes on, the steering wheel grabs while turning, the A/C and radio and Nav screen all turn off periodically. They come right back on, though. And today, when I tried to lock my truck with the key fob, it did nothing. So I got back in it to crank it and it wouldn't even turn over. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and tried it again and it cranked. Did the dealer ever give you any answers or fix the issues?
Old September 11th, 2016, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Nikjer3
I'm having similar issues with my 2015 Tahoe. The stabilitrak disabled light comes on, the steering wheel grabs while turning, the A/C and radio and Nav screen all turn off periodically. They come right back on, though. And today, when I tried to lock my truck with the key fob, it did nothing. So I got back in it to crank it and it wouldn't even turn over. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and tried it again and it cranked. Did the dealer ever give you any answers or fix the issues?
o
Chevrolet made several offers of money towards the purchase of another vehicle. I eventually took their offer and purchased a 2016 Suburban which has had no issues. I traded the Tahoe in and last I heard they changed the under the dash harness. Although the Suburban is fine, I doubt I will ever own another Chevrolet. I had to force their hand in order to make them do something about a serious safety issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Stabilitrak problems