Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Suburban LT ride issue

Old June 3rd, 2015, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2015 Suburban LTZ March 30, test drive had bad vibration, dealer assured me it was from being strapped down on transport and sitting in the lot the tires had a flat spot and vibration would go away as we drove on the tires. Returned vehicle at 500 mile , vibration still there, dealer checked and balanced wheels and found and replaced defective tire. Vibration still there . Brought back to dealer at 1100 miles. Dealer checked and balanced tires and adjusted pressure. Picked up car, vibration worse. Immmediatly returned vehicle , they kept the truck 4 more days, swapped tires, road force balanced tires and rims, did a decibel reading ( I have a vibration, not noise problem????). Took vehical , vibration still there if not worse. Terrible ride for a 70,000 vehical, I've owned 4 Avalanches, 2 Suburbans and a Tahoe. All rode great. Totally regretting the most expensive vehical I've ever bought. GM ,PLEASE HELP. Anyone have contact info for GM Rep in Buffalo/ Niagara Area?
Old June 3rd, 2015, 9:44 PM
CF Senior Member

What size tires 22 or 20"
Old June 4th, 2015, 7:34 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LeMoN

I'd contact a lemon law lawyer first... GM second (or have your lawyer do it).

Have you driven another identical vehicle and what's the vibration situation on that?

Lol say vibration situation 10x fast...

Ok, now go drive a similar vehicle and see what happens.

Anyone having any issue, document, document, document. Invoices, receipts, dates, times, phone numbers, locations, video, anything... DOCUMENT IT. Keep a binder!
Old June 4th, 2015, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

It has factory option 22's . We drove other exact truck at dealership. Drove great, they said they swapped those tires and vibration still there. I think they're focusing on wheels and tires and not getting to the real problem.
Old June 4th, 2015, 8:26 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

Swap the rear drive shaft. the front doesn't spin in 2WD. (unless GM changed that for 2015).

Rear Drive-shaft, or u-joints.
Old June 4th, 2015, 12:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Ask them to try 20" tires and wheels.
Old June 4th, 2015, 2:03 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lostsailor
I have the 20's and same vibration issue that has shown up at about 6k on the clock. They rebalanced tires which helped a little, but still vibrating. Dealer has been very helpful, but sounds like there is a bigger design issue going on.
Hi lostsailor,

It's always good to hear that the dealership is going above and beyond, but we're still sorry to learn of this vibration concern. If you'd like, we'll gladly document this matter on file. Just PM us your VIN, full contact information, exact mileage, and primary dealership. We're here to do what we can to help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 4th, 2015, 3:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennisconti
I bought a 2015 Suburban LTZ March 30, test drive had bad vibration, dealer assured me it was from being strapped down on transport and sitting in the lot the tires had a flat spot and vibration would go away as we drove on the tires. Returned vehicle at 500 mile , vibration still there, dealer checked and balanced wheels and found and replaced defective tire. Vibration still there . Brought back to dealer at 1100 miles. Dealer checked and balanced tires and adjusted pressure. Picked up car, vibration worse. Immmediatly returned vehicle , they kept the truck 4 more days, swapped tires, road force balanced tires and rims, did a decibel reading ( I have a vibration, not noise problem????). Took vehical , vibration still there if not worse. Terrible ride for a 70,000 vehical, I've owned 4 Avalanches, 2 Suburbans and a Tahoe. All rode great. Totally regretting the most expensive vehical I've ever bought. GM ,PLEASE HELP. Anyone have contact info for GM Rep in Buffalo/ Niagara Area?
Hello Dennis,

We truly apologize for the unexpected concerns with your new Suburban! This is certainly not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you, and we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 25th, 2015, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default Similar issues with a 206 LT

The rear end skitters a bit when accelerating. The vehicle shudders and bumps around on smooth roads. It is driving me crazy. I have had the vehicle one week. The dealer balanced the 20" wheels. Said that they were fine. Looked at the axles and said they were fine....not what I would expect for > $60k...regretting this purchase. It is a beautiful vehicle, but my 3yo son said it all: "Dada this car is too bumpy. It hurts my stomach."
Old September 25th, 2015, 8:56 PM
CF Senior Member

What tire pressure? Have they checked the fluid in the differential?

Do you have autoride? Or regular shocks?

Last edited by blueinterceptor; September 25th, 2015 at 8:58 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Suburban LT ride issue