Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Suburban-media, radio, camera, all the display, just quit working while driving

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2016, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2015 Suburban-media, radio, camera, all the display, just quit working while driving

Hello,

Coming back from a trip, listening to my Ipod, and suddenly the whole display shuts down. When I got home, I attempted to restart the car, hoping it would come back up, but nothing. I have no bluetooth capability, nothing. I don't have time to take it into the dealer until Saturday. Any help would be appreciated! Bought it brand new in February!
Old October 17th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum,
I would check all the fuses first, also inspect your Ipod charging cables to make sure they are not frayed and possibly causing a short.
Remove all items plugged into any USB ports or 12v outlets before replacing any blown fuses.
Old October 18th, 2016, 6:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I will try that. I could not find the fuse box for it. Apparently there are a couple of them. My Ipod charging cable is a new one, but my daughter's phone was plugged in with an older cable as well. When I told a few people of my issue, they said that the later model Chevy's have been having electrical problems. Have you heard many issues like mine? Thanks again!

Lynette
Old October 18th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I have seen a few times in the forum where vehicle device charging systems are less tolerant of after-market or very worn and tattered charging cords and cables...