Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe interior leak

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2014, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Tahoe interior leak

I bought a 2015 Tahoe less than 45 days ago and its been in the shop twice for interior leaking. They can't seem to find the issue so their solution at this point is to rip down the headliner and remove the insulation and put silicone on the frame. They also told me that my head room will end up being lower and they will put less insulation in. I have made a complaint to Chevrolet and I don't think they care. I do not want this vehicle and I am requesting another. For 65000.00 they should take their lemon back and give me another one. The dealer told me Chevy will not put me in a new one. I also found out from the dealer that there are two other Tahoes in the USA with the same issue and they can't fix theirs either. The sad part for me as I have owned many Tahoes since 2004 and even the last one I bought brand new in 2012 had electrical issues and they ripped that truck apart and after 5 tries they figured it out and all I got from corporate was we can give you a year of maintenance for free. I told them to stuff it. The truck was never the same, the rugs were ripped up and never went back the same. It was a mess. I guess it's time to move on from Chevy because they obviously don't care about customer loyalty. Very sad......
The following users liked this post:
Hobbit (August 31st, 2021)
Old June 11th, 2014, 6:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey there tiggerbad71,

I'm very sorry to hear of this leak in your Tahoe and I can definitely understand how frustrating this situation can be. Please feel free to keep up updated with the status of your vehicle. We will be glad to document your feedback within our system. If you have any other questions or concerns we are only a private message away.

Best Regards,

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 11th, 2014, 8:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if issues like that can't be resolved they should have a return policy! take your trash back and give me a new one!!!
Old June 11th, 2014, 9:00 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey there tiggerbad71,

I'm very sorry to hear of this leak in your Tahoe and I can definitely understand how frustrating this situation can be. Please feel free to keep up updated with the status of your vehicle. We will be glad to document your feedback within our system. If you have any other questions or concerns we are only a private message away.

Best Regards,

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I am a really big Chevy supporter but I think his complaint says it all.
Perhaps you should pm him and try to help resolve his issue to his satisfaction.

Jmho
Old June 12th, 2014, 5:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
I am a really big Chevy supporter but I think his complaint says it all.
Perhaps you should pm him and try to help resolve his issue to his satisfaction.

Jmho

I received a call yesterday from the Dealer stating they will replace the vehicle. I don't know if it's the Dealer or Chevy Corporate replacing it. I do find it funny that they have blocked me from all Official Chevy Forums, I guess they don't want people to know what's going on. I hope they are not playing games but I will keep everyone posted. I have to call them back on Friday.
Old June 12th, 2014, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

We bought an acadia denali last year that had issues. Gm finally took it back, but we opted to not take another and got used suburban instead. I'm glad they took care of you. They need to understand that since they are expecting customers to pay top dollar for these new cars they we expect nothing but perfect, and any issues is their problem not ours.
Old June 12th, 2014, 10:36 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hmm

the insignificant statistics are beginning to add up

I also loathe my 09 which was $55,000 new.

for $65,000 I'd expect damn near perfection... you'll never find that with GM.
Old June 12th, 2014, 4:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tiggerbad71
I received a call yesterday from the Dealer stating they will replace the vehicle. I don't know if it's the Dealer or Chevy Corporate replacing it. I do find it funny that they have blocked me from all Official Chevy Forums, I guess they don't want people to know what's going on. I hope they are not playing games but I will keep everyone posted. I have to call them back on Friday.

Good. That's the way it should be.
They had a chance or so to fix it. If they can't, take it back.
Get another.
Old June 12th, 2014, 8:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

glad to hear! funny they really banned you from forums, how is that possible? let OUR voices be heard. $65 large...they better have taken care of you. i saw on auto week that they have greater profit margins on their full size truck line than any other manufacturer. meaning that even if they sold less units they make more $$$
Old June 13th, 2014, 11:25 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM "quality"

GM's attempts to end the human race continue:

GM Recalls Another Half-Million Cars For Ignition Switch Problems, But Different Ones This Time

Tesla gives away patents for free:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5489237.html

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe interior leak