Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe interior leak

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2016, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank-you they said they were NOT going to cover this, so I went back at them with this information & they are going to re-evaluate. Thank-you so much!
Old October 21st, 2016, 3:42 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

You are very welcome, keep us updated on the outcome, that is what makes forums work!
Old November 22nd, 2016, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Well Chevrolet is NOT going to cover my water leak from my antenna. Very dissatisfied customer! It is pretty sad what they charge for a vehicle that will not even keep you out of the rain, and then refuse to admit there is a problem or do anything abut it!
Old February 13th, 2017, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default I know where the water is coming from

Originally Posted by tiggerbad71
I found this post on Edmunds......

I bought the 2015 LTZ Tahoe on 3/10/2014...... I SO REGRET IT....... I was so excited and didn’t buy a car last year waiting for the new model... What a disappointment.... On our first trip the air conditioner condensate leaked at the passenger visor clip. I took it to Davis Chevrolet (where I bought it) across the Reliant Stadium on the 610 Loop, and they could not find why it leaked. So I picked it up. Then two weeks later on the first hot day 4/28/2014 in Houston on my way home I turn on the air conditioner and the A/C was not working. Luckily the shop closes at 7:00PM, so I drove it in. The service rep saw the A/C was not working the front the back no A/C on the seats. They took it in and they call me the next day that the A/C began to work on its own. And it was ready for pick up ..... It’s still in the shop b/c I did not agree to pick it up, they still can’t find out what’s wrong with it a month later......It’s a nice vehicle but in Houston you need A/C. If you feel A/C is not necessary then it’s a good purchase.... Too bad I live in Houston, and it gets above 100 in the summer....Oh and today 5/17 I found out there is a new recall on the 2015 Tahoe........What to do??? What a way to enjoy a new purchase…..
The body seem on the drivers side under your roof molding is split. I am a glass technician, and have I seen it in many of them, suburbans are the worst.
Old February 13th, 2017, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default I know where the water is coming from

Originally Posted by tiggerbad71
I found this post on Edmunds......

I bought the 2015 LTZ Tahoe on 3/10/2014...... I SO REGRET IT....... I was so excited and didn’t buy a car last year waiting for the new model... What a disappointment.... On our first trip the air conditioner condensate leaked at the passenger visor clip. I took it to Davis Chevrolet (where I bought it) across the Reliant Stadium on the 610 Loop, and they could not find why it leaked. So I picked it up. Then two weeks later on the first hot day 4/28/2014 in Houston on my way home I turn on the air conditioner and the A/C was not working. Luckily the shop closes at 7:00PM, so I drove it in. The service rep saw the A/C was not working the front the back no A/C on the seats. They took it in and they call me the next day that the A/C began to work on its own. And it was ready for pick up ..... It’s still in the shop b/c I did not agree to pick it up, they still can’t find out what’s wrong with it a month later......It’s a nice vehicle but in Houston you need A/C. If you feel A/C is not necessary then it’s a good purchase.... Too bad I live in Houston, and it gets above 100 in the summer....Oh and today 5/17 I found out there is a new recall on the 2015 Tahoe........What to do??? What a way to enjoy a new purchase…..
The body seem on the drivers side under your roof molding is split. I am a glass technician, and have I seen it in many of them, suburbans are the worst.
Old February 21st, 2017, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Angry 2015 Interior Leak on both sides; under the Floorboards

I just got this 2015 Chevy Tahoe LT. I bought it used about a month ago with 63,000 miles on it. I should have known better. I paid extra for the extended warranty for safety sake. Little did I know that when I took it to the car wash and then got out to vacuum it the floor was wet. On the driver's side it was soaked; floor mat and all. On the passenger side mainly under the mat. What in the world??? Took it to the dealer this morning, $89.95 for a water test!!!! This lets me know that you know there's an issue that you already have a test for it. Or $200 deductible to use the extended warranty, you have got to be kidding me. I'm ready to contact the BBB and find out how to use the GA lemon law against them. I didn't pay retail but still.

Customer service just really doesn't exist anymore.
Old February 21st, 2017, 1:11 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LemOn

Originally Posted by Batrina Octavia Coar
I just got this 2015 Chevy Tahoe LT. I bought it used about a month ago with 63,000 miles on it. I should have known better. I paid extra for the extended warranty for safety sake. Little did I know that when I took it to the car wash and then got out to vacuum it the floor was wet. On the driver's side it was soaked; floor mat and all. On the passenger side mainly under the mat. What in the world??? Took it to the dealer this morning, $89.95 for a water test!!!! This lets me know that you know there's an issue that you already have a test for it. Or $200 deductible to use the extended warranty, you have got to be kidding me. I'm ready to contact the BBB and find out how to use the GA lemon law against them. I didn't pay retail but still.

Customer service just really doesn't exist anymore.
Lemon laws are for the purchase of a NEW vehicle. You bought one used... doesn't apply... (sorry).
Old July 17th, 2017, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default shark fin may not be the issue

Bought a used 2015 suburban in December. Found a leak several months later after temps in our area allowed for rain. I was convinced by several posts that the shark fin was leaking or the windshield seal was bad. Shortly after reading these post I had a rock chip my windshield so i decided to replace the windshield hoping that would solve the problem. Unfortunately it did not. The leak showed up once at the headliner on the driver side of the on star and overhead console. It only made it there once so far! From that point on I have notice it travels down the inside of the driver side column between the door and windshield and drips on my left foot. The leak must have been there for a while as when I looked up under the dash you could see rust coming down that column. The dealer I purchased from would not have anything to do with the issue as it was used with 50k in mileage. I had bought it from a dealer I live 2 hours from as I do business in that area and saw the car on the lot while I was passing through one day.

I complained over and over and finally they sent me a new shark fin. They were not interested in replacing the shark fin but were acting like they did me a big solid by sending me a part that probably cost them $20-$30. So at this point it has been several months I have fought with them and decided I would seal the shark with silicone before dropping the headliner and installing the new one. After I sealed the shark fin the leak was still present. I did a more meticulous water test and had determined that the water only leaked in when I would run water over the far left corner of the roof where a piece of trim coming from the roof rail meets the windshield. I pulled the trim off and could see where the roof seam sealer applied by the factory had a small gap between the roof and door frame panel. It is only 1.5-2" long that I can see but after that the windshield is in the way so i am not sure if it extends down the column under the windshield or not.

I am going to seal what I see and hope it takes care of it. I am then going to take this car back to the dealer for them to do the right thing. This thing has been leaking for a while and they had it on there lot for a good 10k miles to use before selling it. I am worried that any wiring running in that area will be compromised. My home-link garage door opener does not work well and I can only guess some corrosion is keeping it from making good contact.

Very disappointing in this 2015. Had an 2005 with over 200k on it that I loved. I hoped this would be another 12 year vehicle but this leak, some cheap door trim that has fallen off, and a lot of road noise in the passenger seats makes me feel they have compromised quality for margin.