Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe Keyless?

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2015, 8:00 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2015 Tahoe Keyless?

Is the 2015 "keyless"?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ten-au...--finance.html
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:22 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has available push button start. You have to carry the remote.
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:39 AM
CF Addict

Default True

True, keyless is a misnomer.

Why don't gas cars shut off when your butt leaves the seat or 10 min later?

If no one is in the driver's seat... is it really safe to leave the car on? (13 deaths later, I'm going to say... maybe not)
Old August 27th, 2015, 11:53 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are some people just lazy to push the button to turn the engine off? lol!
Old August 27th, 2015, 12:19 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Even with me sitting in the driver's seat while idling, my '15 Taurus will try to shut down after about 10 minutes.

It gives me a message, "Engine will shut down in 60 seconds. Press OK to cancel shut down."

Once I cancel that, it seems like it will idle until I turn it off. Longest I've had it idling was 30 minutes on a very cold day last winter.
Old August 27th, 2015, 12:28 PM
CF Addict

... so personal responsibility? Nanny state, or logical safety feature when dealing with something that could kill you...
Old August 27th, 2015, 1:46 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

35,000 people die every year in their cars. While I'm not trying to minimize when people lose their lives....thirteen? Really?

Right in the article, it states that over 400 people die of CO poisoning every year.

Where do you draw the line in regards to mandating features in cars? One life? Ten? One hundred? One thousand?

If every car was built like a NASCAR race car, injuries and fatalities in crashes would go way down. But I don't think a lot of folks want to pay $150,000 for their grocery getter.

It's always going to come down to economics. Like it or not, we're going to assign values to peoples' lives and make decisions. It can't all be unicorns and rainbows

Last edited by intheburbs; August 27th, 2015 at 1:50 PM.
Old August 27th, 2015, 2:28 PM
CF Addict

In my college ethics class I argued against mandating airbags for the same reason

Those who want safety can / would buy safer cars.

It was not a popular view... according to, at the time, the EPA said a human life was worth around $1 million. The cost of airbags in all cars in the US wasn't financially justifiable.

Whatever happened to that 'ALL SUVs will have backup cameras' law? After that mom in an Escalade ran over her kid(s)?

she... umhh.. blamed GM I think, but she didn't purchase that option? I'll look for a link.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...meras/7114531/

15,000 injured is a lot of people... for $40 in hardware... it's not a $600 air bag.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; August 27th, 2015 at 2:33 PM.
Old August 27th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by intheburbs

If every car was built like a NASCAR race car, injuries and fatalities in crashes would go way down. But I don't think a lot of folks want to pay $150,000 for their grocery getter.
And get 2-4 mpg. YMMV
Old August 28th, 2015, 7:23 AM
CF Addict

Default Nascar

And only turn LEFT.

As I was mowing the lawn last night, I realized that in my college argument, I missed a piece.

The total cost of air bags. We all pay for hurt / dead people. Via insurance, down time, etc. As a society, it costs us all either money or resources to correct problems. Air bags may prevent (well, they obviously do) costly problems.

You'd have to identify the cost of not only the life, but the hospitals, ambulances, phone calls, fuels, time, productivity, etc etc on almost forever of the impact of a lack of a simple piece of software.

And I say software because in 2015 all these cars have airbags, which means they all have *** sensors to determine if your *** is in the seat.

If *** NotIn Seat
Then Engine = Off
End If

Boy, that was hard, and should be patented to save 13 people. Or you could not patent that, and save a few more people... but hey, profit, right?

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe Keyless?