Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe LTZ: Seat Memory Recall on Ignition Only?

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2014, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2015 Tahoe LTZ: Seat Memory Recall on Ignition Only?

We just unwrapped my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Great car! I could go on and on on all the nice features; however, when she asked me to setup her driver seat/wheel/mirror memory recall on ignition only, just like she uses and loves on my 2014 Impala, I found out that option is not available on the 2015 Tahoe. What's the deal here? Would an available update/flash take care of that? We love the option and would like to have it available, especially since both cars are so similar and all. The advantage of using the memory recall on ignition only, instead of on door opening, is that it allows for an easy entrance in the car before the seat moves back into position, much closer to the steering wheel and not allowing an easy entrance as it does on the easy exit feature. Any ideas?
Old September 7th, 2014, 7:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi there,

Congrats on your recent purchase! Have you considered bringing this to your dealership's attention? They may be able to assist you this. If you need any additional help from us, please do not hesitate to reach out via private message. We would be happy to look into this as well.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 8th, 2014, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi there,

Congrats on your recent purchase! Have you considered bringing this to your dealership's attention? They may be able to assist you this. If you need any additional help from us, please do not hesitate to reach out via private message. We would be happy to look into this as well.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Patty,
Would the dealership be able to add the option to the "Memory Recall" menu under Comfort & Convenience?
Thanks,
Charlie
Old September 9th, 2014, 8:46 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM - Tech? LOL.

Adding features after a car's been assembled? LOL, what do you think this is? a Tesla?

(They are the ONLY auto maker who does this).

I like the idea that the seat would be back when you enter and move to it's assigned position on key turn, but the Tahoe does that on the keyless entry press (or it does on my 09 anyway).

Hey, on the new one, is the wheel power too like the X5? should power tilt and power telescope as well... since you know.. BMW had this... back in.. 2005?
Old September 15th, 2014, 8:41 AM
CF Addict

Default Vehicle Update

hey, look at that

First Look: Tesla Firmware 6.0 - TESLARATI.com

They just instantly, automatically, over the air, and for free, made every Model S just a little more awesome.

Meantime, GM recalls (stops selling) their flagship sports car

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...2015-corvettes

If I didn't love my Jeep SO much, I'd consider selling it to pick up an S...

Patience Daniel Son... I'd prefer the X, but they already have 20,000+ reservations ...
Old September 16th, 2014, 8:23 PM
CF Active Member

You may want to turn off the automatic memory recall feature for the seat and suggest that your wife uses the programmed seat memory button. Unfortunately, it does not appear that the memory seat feature has the option of on ignition, as you have noted. However, this method will allow your wife to have the seat remain in the easy exit position to gain access to the vehicle and then have the seat move into the stored seat position when she is ready. It may not work exactly as your other vehicle, but may help to make you more comfortable.

Have fun with your new Suburban!
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

I have exactly the same question/issue -- "why does the auto memory seat recall dictate all be back into position before one has a chance to enter the vehicle (which is just as difficult to do when exiting)." It makes absolutely no sense. I've talked to a dealership supervisor and she says it should happen when you're in vehicle and start it - though actually I would prefer it to happen once in seat and you shut the door (this way its easier to push on brakes which is needed to start a keyless system). I'm hoping to get it programmed to do so.
Old April 13th, 2015, 12:22 PM
CF Addict

Default wow

WOW this thread is old!
So old in fact, I did sell my Wrangler and own a Model S!

How's that for progress!?!
Old April 13th, 2015, 8:37 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by kgutzke
I have exactly the same question/issue -- "why does the auto memory seat recall dictate all be back into position before one has a chance to enter the vehicle (which is just as difficult to do when exiting)." It makes absolutely no sense. I've talked to a dealership supervisor and she says it should happen when you're in vehicle and start it - though actually I would prefer it to happen once in seat and you shut the door (this way its easier to push on brakes which is needed to start a keyless system). I'm hoping to get it programmed to do so.
Don't the 2015s have the numbered buttons on the drivers door for the recall?
Old April 14th, 2015, 4:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Don't the 2015s have the numbered buttons on the drivers door for the recall?
Yes it does - and that is certainly an option (to manually push button each and every time one enters the vehicle). BUT the auto recall is much nicer and much less fuss - if only it would "recall" after one enters the vehicle (not before it).

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe LTZ: Seat Memory Recall on Ignition Only?