Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 Suburban Charging Pad help

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2016, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Suburban Charging Pad help

I just bought an iPhone 6. I was under the impression the charging pad charged the new iPhones. I asked this specific question when buying the vehicle (2016 Suburban LTZ) and I was told yes. Now I was told today it only works with Samsung. Anyone have success with an iPhone? Sorry if this has been discussed already. I searched for a thread and couldn't find anything. Thanks
Old June 16th, 2016, 7:43 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No iPhone supports wireless charging. Sorry...
Old June 16th, 2016, 9:38 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll have to go buy an accessory for your iPhone to allow it to use the wireless charging feature in your Suburban. I feel like there is a certain type needed to work in the Suburban, but I could be wrong. Good luck!
Old June 16th, 2016, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

That's what I thought. Just don't like being lied to by the dealer. And he must have had some kind of adaptor on his because he even showed me it working with his own phone. Thanks for the reply.
Old June 18th, 2016, 1:57 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Heidij78
I just bought an iPhone 6. I was under the impression the charging pad charged the new iPhones. I asked this specific question when buying the vehicle (2016 Suburban LTZ) and I was told yes. Now I was told today it only works with Samsung. Anyone have success with an iPhone? Sorry if this has been discussed already. I searched for a thread and couldn't find anything. Thanks

iPhones do not have a wireless charging antenna built in. Samsungs do.
You need to buy a wireless charging case for your iPhone 6. The pad isn't big enough for the 6 plus. Dog and bones makes a good kit. A simple wireless antenna works when you put another case on it too.
Check eBay out.

I charge my iPhone 6 on my 16. But have some problems on my 15 1/2.
Old June 26th, 2016, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

I have tried a few different charging cases that work. My favorite is the Mophie Juice pack Wireless. Here is their link: juice pack wireless for iPhone 6s/6 - Free Shipping | mophie

This works well in my 2016 Suburban LTZ. It also works on the other wireless charging standard.
Old August 31st, 2016, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Most iPhone wireless charging cases use Qi, however GM charging pads use PMA, so you need to make sure that the wireless charging case you buy is compatible with PMA. Bezalel makes a Latitude that has both standards so you can use with the common iPhone Qi charging pads, but also use it with the GM charging mats.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

Laid my Droid Turbo on the mat in my '16 Tahoe, and it started charging, easy as pie. Ditto the wife's droid as well. We dont have Apples, but seems they ought to work too. Why is it Apple often has to be different from everyone else? ie charger cables/micro USB connectors.