Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 Tahoe LTZ radio comes on automatically!

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2016, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Tahoe LTZ radio comes on automatically!

Very distracting, annoying, and sometimes startling: while driving down the road, without any action on my part, and without any warning, the radio in our new 2016 Tahoe turns itself on, all by itself! I took it to the dealership, who told me,"that's normal; it's the radio resetting itself."

Not convinced, I emailed Chevy Customer Service, who, taking 7 days to respond, emailed me about the following bulletin. To summaraize, Chevy says, "We ain't got a clue why it does that, nor what to do to fix it."

Bulletin:
#PIC6186D: Radio Turns On Unwanted At Startup - (Oct 4, 2016)
Subject: Radio Turns On Unwanted At Startup
Condition/Concern
Customers may comment that they will have the radio shut off, and when restarting the vehicle the radio will turn on unwanted.
Recommendation/Instructions
Please communicate to the customer that we apologize for this inconvenience and that General Motors is working on a solution for this concern.
Once a solution is available, this PI will be updated with additional details - allowing dealership personnel to contact the customer to schedule a service appointment and repair the vehicle.
Old October 18th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

It's likely software related, keep on them and when you are in for any servicing inquire about any software updates for your vehicle...