Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2nd row seats

Old October 31st, 2013, 3:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thicsac
Looking to trade second row grey leather bench seat for captains chairs. 2003 Suburban.
I have 2 second row grey leather buckets to trade for your bench if you wish... email me at peterredemann@gmail.com
Old December 17th, 2013, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 07 suburban with 2end row captain seats. I am looking to buy or swap for a bench. Mine are black leather and are heated and have the electronic release. They are also from a smoke free truck. I would like the same in the bench seat. I am located in Clovis New Mexico but will be headed to Utah and Idaho for Xmas. I would be willing to meet up somewhere on the way.
Old January 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Reviving this thread a bit (perhaps?)...

I've got a 2011 Suburban with captain/bucket seats in the 2nd row. Looking for the 60/40 bench. I might be willing to trade, but may also hang on to the bucket seats for now. My main reason for posting is because there seems to be all sorts of conflicting info in regards to this subject.

Will I need different mounts/brackets for the bench seat? There are plenty of seats with seatbelts etc. on ebay, but I don't see much about mounting requirements. I am the original owner of the truck, and do not owe any banks or anything like that... Just trying not to have to get rid of my truck for a van as my family grows (expecting our 6th).

Info is all over the place but its very difficult to determine what parts I'll need for mounting. Have any of you actually done this with an 07-13 model Suburban?

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback.

- Josh
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Josh: Welcome to the forum.

I think the problem occurs w/ a Tahoe/Suburban switch. Then there are some trim differences, not sure if that would be a problem on yours. Might check out a 'burb w/ a bench to see.
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Josh: Welcome to the forum. I think the problem occurs w/ a Tahoe/Suburban switch. Then there are some trim differences, not sure if that would be a problem on yours. Might check out a 'burb w/ a bench to see.
Thanks for the greeting and the reply.

From what I gather there are not only differences between model vehicle (Suburban vs Tahoe), but also the mounting of the seats between Suburban/Suburban when going from bucket to bench. A different hole pattern perhaps?

This is why I'm hoping that a GM tech or someone who has made the switch can comment on what all is needed. Not concerning carpeting etc., but mounting specifically.
Old January 14th, 2014, 3:08 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I don't know for sure but I would bet that the mounting hardware is part of the body pan for both bench and bucket seats. You could look under the carpet and verify this.
Old January 15th, 2014, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Battlephrog

I've got a 2011 Suburban with captain/bucket seats in the 2nd row. Looking for the 60/40 bench. I might be willing to trade, but may also hang on to the bucket seats for now. My main reason for posting is because there seems to be all sorts of conflicting info in regards to this subject.

Will I need different mounts/brackets for the bench seat? There are plenty of seats with seatbelts etc. on ebay, but I don't see much about mounting requirements. I am the original owner of the truck, and do not owe any banks or anything like that... Just trying not to have to get rid of my truck for a van as my family grows (expecting our 6th).

Info is all over the place but its very difficult to determine what parts I'll need for mounting. Have any of you actually done this with an 07-13 model Suburban?

- Josh
I have done it! I have a 2009 Suburban that had a bench. I swapped for 2 buckets out of 2007 Suburban. They mount fine! I made the mistake of buying Tahoe buckets. Those don't work!
Old January 22nd, 2014, 7:06 PM
tdo
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 Suburban with the split bench in the second row. Looking for someone who wants to swap for the buckets. Black leather, non smoking vehicle. I'm near Ventura in Southern California.
Old March 25th, 2014, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default 08 Sub. Z71 need bench seat, trade captains

I have a 08 suburban z71 with 3 rows captains looking to convert 3rd row to bench, anyone willing to trade. It is the z71 leather black and gray. contact me at markanthony02@hotmail.com
Old May 6th, 2014, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Battlephrog

- Josh

Josh,

I have a 2011 Suburban with Tan Leather 60/40 bench. Looking for Captains chairs. Are you up for a trade if we can work out the details?

Jill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd row seats