Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

5400 mile trip completed W/07 LT

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2014, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5400 mile trip completed W/07 LT

Just returned from trip with my 07 Tahoe LT-0, no options, just bare boned. I had no problems with the Tahoe at all, it used no oil. After reaching Sacramento I had the oil changed at Gold Rush Chevrolet in Auburn, Ca. Prior to them I checked the oil myself and it was exactly the same from when I started. That was approximately 2000 miles, after the return to St.Louis am now at 87xxx miles, it was hard to make the trip when at anytime the AFM problem might pop up, but can't get rid of it. To much invested and would loose money. Wish I could, mine was built at Janesville plant in Wisconsin in January 06, nobody wants this one. I'm going to be out in front of the dealership that sold it to me because my friend showed me that on the Internet it was 2000 dollars cheaper than what they sold it to me for, as a disabled veteran I find that deplorable and am preparing to sit in front of the business next week, I know this will do nothing but it will make me feel better, if it stops one customer from getting ripped of to I've done something at least. I'm going on another this in the Tahoe, this time about 6000 miles as I'm relocating soon. But every mile I will be terrified of a AFM problem and that will wear anybody down after a while.
Old October 30th, 2014, 9:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, thank you for your service.

Glad to hear all went well on your 5400 mile trip. Pales in comparison to my 2000+ mile trip we finished up last week. The AFM issue was one of the reasons I decided to take our minivan instead of our suburban. I've been towing some pretty hefty loads with it and so far have not noticed any oil consumption issues either. Hearing about your trip might dethrone our minivan as the road trip work horse.

My brother who works at a dealership in internet sales always suggests shopping online before walking into the dealer. It's not uncommon for "internet pricing" to be a couple thousand dollars lower than "sticker pricing" these days. There typically is no or less movement on the price with internet deals though. It's a shame they didn't offer the internet pricing to you.

Good luck with your next trip.