Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

front differential gasket 118 dollars?

Old June 19th, 2013, 3:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front differential gasket 118 dollars?

okay so i went to take it to the shop, told em my front differential is leaking or an axle seal, they said they seen the leak but was to busy to check into it and the front diff gasket is 118 dollars, which is ****in insane in my book lol, but im tryin to figure out more info on these two

Last edited by Newto4x4; June 19th, 2013 at 3:16 PM.
Old June 20th, 2013, 6:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay so i did some calling around today to midas, and some local shops i know, ive found some good deals where its from 39.99-79.99 per differential or axle...

midas being 79.99 and clearing stating the best information and clearing up the job summary with me before hand im gonna take it to them, thats why i like options, but yes the 118 dollar gasket i was estimated is a crock of **** because some 99 tahoes dont even have front axle housing gaskets, or diff gaskets only in the FRONT! its better to go with the people that have first hand knowledge and clearly the best info, now the back diff needs a gasket and fluid change also

main point is i have a leak in my front different/axle housing ( so i think ) so im gettin the fluid change and refill and new gasket IF NEEDED or they will seal up the differentials for free like when they got it, now i also see leaks coming from the driver side, i been doing research and its right above the differential case where the axle seal usually gets replaced, wat a hassle, cuz its been dripping for a while, in why i was looking around at jobs its either dripping from the axle seal, or a bad gasket/ or seal on the differential... is the job if the axle seal needs to be replaced hard? any info would be great